• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    But but but they can’t carry 42 1/2 rounds !!! Unless your this guy :) Personally I love revolvers and don’t feel under gunned!!!
    Please don't tell me I'm walking around on the same planet as idiots like that!
    That selfie is messed up in so many ways.

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste."

Dan Matthews of the Highway Patrol would never opt for an auto-loader over a wheel gun.
    DanMatthews.jpg

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Well Well Well, there some of you folks are.

Only wish you folks were here when I was getting my *** kicked by the fellow that told me I would die when fellows like him showed up with gold plated super guns with a bazillion round capacity magazine.

No argument just saying I wished you were here then.
    Ah yes the “you’re gonna die if you carry a snubby” discussion.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    I have several revolvers and actually carry a 5-shot S&W Scandium framed around at home and when I'm over at dad's or out by myself...I prefer a .357 magnum but will carry a .38 special as a BUG or pocket revolver.
    So you don't think every gun fight takes place at high noon, out on main street?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Nothing wrong with a nice revolver.
    Train with what you carry, that's the most important part.

Sure, the more ammo the better...but if a revolver means you carry 100% of the time, I'd take 5 or 6 rounds on me all the time over 17 sitting at home.
    There's these things called micro compacts now that carry 2-3x more ammo that are the same size as a J frame and thinner. And in a caliber that's more formidable than .38spl. I'm not saying revolvers are obsolete but basically they are. I can still use a reel mower if I want but my zero turn is much more efficient

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    There's these things called micro compacts now that carry 2-3x more ammo that are the same size as a J frame and thinner. And in a caliber that's more formidable than .38spl.
    Three characteristics of those things called micro compacts...
    * 10-15 rounds
    * J-frame size and thinner
    * More "formidable" than a .38spl (more formidable = caliber diameter, FPS, ft-lb?)

Name that tune.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    thanks boomers…

Yep lol , don't get me wrong I like some revolvers. Just yesterday at the gun club I seriously considered dropping 1600 on a 3 inch python (new model) , borderline useless gun but cool. The finish and action did not impress me however.

kalashnikovfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    Henry County
    Yep lol , don't get me wrong I like some revolvers. Just yesterday at the gun club I seriously considered dropping 1600 on a 3 inch python (new model) , borderline useless gun but cool. The finish and action did not impress me however.
    Man that seems really high. Atlantic firearms has them in stock on sale for 1329$ and no sales tax.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I agree that in most cases, a revolver would suffice. Things are changing though and the likelihood of a one on one confrontation is less than it was 10 years ago. You really want to stake your life on limited capacity? Can we agree to disagree without this crap? Every person I've ever met face to face from INGO has been a stand up person. Some of you are probably in that category but you're bored and just want to seem edgy on the internet. It's old. It's tired. It's not what drew me to this site and certainly not something Tim would have tolerated. Go outside and do something.

Most people will never pull a gun out in a defensive situation so it really doesn't matter what you carry or how much you hate "Tupperware guns." I'd rather have more bullets than less so I carry a striker fired pistol.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Of course it is still a valid self-defense tool. My biggest problem with people who carry revolvers is that the vast majority of them don't train at all with them and practice very little with them. I realize that is how it is for most people that carry guns for self-defense, but it seems even worse with revolvers. At least with snub nose revolvers. People who carry a full-size revolver tend to practice with them more often in my experience. What this lack of practice brings about is someone who is unaware of the limitations of the firearm. As somebody above mention, crimp jump is real, so are a lot of other things with revolvers that you never know about. About if you don't get into at least a moderate round count with them. Not to mention which the snubby is just harder to shoot well.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Well, it’s better than a knife at a gun fight, that’s for sure!
    Love wheelguns but, I want more rounds on me for going against those gangbanger’s AK’s!
    Lol

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Of course it is still a valid self-defense tool. My biggest problem with people who carry revolvers is that the vast majority of them don't train at all with them and practice very little with them.
    Just curious how you would know that the vast majority of those who carry a revolver don't train at all and practice very little? I have been a revolver guy since the mid 70's when I started my law enforcement career and still am to this day....Granted, there for a while I got aboard the micro compact semi auto band wagon but no longer...I own a half dozen or so semi autos, but when it comes down to EDC, practice and range time, my revolvers are the ones that I practice with and the semi autos cry in the safe cause they rarely get to come out and play....Not bragging, but I am proficient with every revolver I own, from the NAA .22 LR to my original duty .357 Python...I take the responsibility of carrying a firearm very seriously as I am sure you do, so I make a point of regularly practicing with what I carry every day and what myself, my family and those around me depend on. I have several friends who carry a revolver as well and most of them practice as much or more than I do regularly....are there revolver folks that don't practice or train with theirs as much as they should? Of course, but if the truth be known, I would wager there are alot of semi auto carriers who don't either...I guess we can just agree to disagree....

Attachments

• Revolvers.JPG
      Revolvers.JPG
      124.4 KB · Views: 2
    Top Bottom