• ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I agree.

When I was training people under the NSSF's First Shots program, the range pistols were in perfect shooting condition, and a limp wrist here and there would cause a jam. Compact pistols tend to be pretty unforgiving to a limp wrist, or a poor grip. Those tiny pistols are hard to grip. You can hang a revolver on a string, and if you pull the trigger, it will fire without a jam up.

The revolver is a good choice for self Defense. If I am knowingly entering combat, an M1a and 1911 would be my choice.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I agree.

When I was training people under the NSSF's First Shots program, the range pistols were in perfect shooting condition, and a limp wrist here and there would cause a jam. Compact pistols tend to be pretty unforgiving to a limp wrist, or a poor grip. Those tiny pistols are hard to grip. You can hang a revolver on a string, and if you pull the trigger, it will fire without a jam up.

The revolver is a good choice for self Defense. If I am knowingly entering combat, an M1a and 1911 would be my choice.
    I was in combat on the nogales Arizona border line in 2004. Dave and I were armed with M1's and 1911's. We took fire every day.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I too am a revolver guy....EDC is a Ruger SP101 .357 and a Smith 642 .38 for pocket carry....served me well for many years and still does...
    I still have my original 2.25" SP101 in .357 magnum, which I purchased new in December 1994, as a Christmas present to myself...and started an annual 'tradition' for myself! ha ha

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Well Well Well, there some of you folks are.

Only wish you folks were here when I was getting my *** kicked by the fellow that told me I would die when fellows like him showed up with gold plated super guns with a bazillion round capacity magazine.

No argument just saying I wished you were here then.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    WOW nice J frame ??? Is that a 32? 38?

Mite be purple mite not.
    It's not the J frame. I carry that in a pocket holster sometimes. This one is an older model 19 .357. Probably was a police trade in when they were all switching over to semi-autos. Looks like it's been carried a lot but not shot much.

Last edited:

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    It's not the J frame. I carry that in a pocket holster sometimes. This one is an older model 19. Probably was a police trade in when they were all switching over to semi-autos. Looks like it's been carried a lot but not shot much.
    That explains it. Context is hard on the www. :thumbsup:

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Nothing wrong with a revolver. Carried a S&W model 60 in .357 for years. Only 5 shots and kicked like a mule, but I knew it would get the job done if I ever needed it to. Did use it to send a few snakes to their final reward a few times.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I carry one every day, and any time I've had the need (thankfully to-date never on people) they've performed. They have their limitations, but they also have a number of advantages over a semi-auto in certain contexts. Thankfully, there's no rule that says I can't carry both!

Top Bottom