Revolver suggestions- I have some in mind...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigg Dogg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    NE IN
    I have A Ruger SP101, and it shoots great. Range 38Sp and carry 357. I carry this weapon more than any other. I can assure you that you will not lose money or confidence in a Ruger.

sdragsdale

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    I'm impressed with anything Ruger makes, they shoot nice and are durable. Not as pretty as a colt, but reliable and durable none the less.

sdragsdale

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    I'm impressed with anything Ruger makes, they shoot nice and are durable. Not as pretty as a colt, but reliable and durable none the less.

I'm referring to revolvers, I've only one semi-auto and it was the LCP it was nice to shoot a little hard on my large hands, but then again its not meant to be a range gun.

Linc8301

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have my Taurus 357 Mag M627. Ive never had a problem with mine, Its always shot well. It is a larger gun, but its built on a titanium frame so Its actually not that heavy. It is loud.

gklatv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    I only have some experience with S&W revolvers, but not the listed models.
    I am very happy with the their workmanship and durability. To me, they also look good.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    387e003f_HolyNecroPost_759032.jpeg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, I guess if the guy is still researching his purchase 3 years later, he'll be interested in this new input. Some guys just can't make a decision....

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Which >357

I say buy the Rossi. Shoot the heck out of it and let us know how it holds up. I am afraid to shoot mine. I own a Colt Trooper, and a few of the S&W .357's and love them all but I really like the feel of the Rossi and the action is slicker than my Trooper that has a spring kit and an action job.It is also very accurate. I am just afraid that it probably won't stay that way with a steady diet of full power magnum loads. I chose it over a Ruger because of the price on a day I was destined for impulse buying.

FordBronco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Hartsville
    If you are looking for a good, solid first revolver - I would vote to go Ruger... even a used Security Six will likely outlast you and your kids. I picked up a couple in solid shape to pack on the tractor out in the fields.

Ground hogs do not stand a chance now!

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Look for a model G32 series Ruger Security or Police Service Six revolver. They shoot great, are easy to handle and built to last a long time. I have most of the Ruger revolvers and the 4 & 2 3/4 inch barrel models are fantastic. Also, there are some vintage Smith Wesson .38 special models that dates to the early 1900's that are great shooters and can be bought for a reasonable amount. Another choice would be a Taurus model 65. The model 65 is similar to the SW K frame revolver and is a lot cheaper.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Taurus Model 66 SS 4" good gun for the money, lifetime
    warranty

Go to the SASS Forum and ask about Taurus Lifetime Warranty! They produced a Rifle for SASS that was a dog from the get go. A large amount of SASS members bought them and had problems with them. With Taurus first trying to help fix broken guns they then started not taking the guns back as they could not make them work and would not refund any money and they ran about $1000 each. I would not buy a Taurus ever.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom