• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Reviewing: Primary Arms Micro Green Dot Reflex Sight Primary Arms Micro Reflex Sight

picture.php

My first impression of this sight actually made me a little mad at myself for purchasing. This sight is without a doubt a cheaper sight. I own a PA Micro Dot sight and I really don't think this reflex sight feels as high of quality.

The electronics and battery are not under any type of cover, they are simply sandwiched between the sight and it's base.

The adjustments are a pain since the two screws on the back are actually locks to hold down the little green light inside. Each time you want to make an adjustment you have to unlock the set screws. ...... With this being said the sight is probably perfect for what I am asking it to do, which is to sit on top of a Ruger MK III 22/45.

At the range it was a little annoying to sight-in but turned out much easier
    then I expected. The accuracy was very nice and consistent.

The green dot is perfectly clear and the automatic adjustment is calibrated nicely.

After sight-in was complete I shot about 75 rounds of CCI Sub Sonic, Mini Mag, Stinger, and Remington Bulk Pack all at the same target at 7 yards. I was very happy and can't wait to get a warmer day start stretching it out to 25 yards.

picture.php

Would I buy another one?: Maybe, but only for the same type of use.

Would I recommend the sight for someone with the same intended use as me?: YES

picture.php

Shoot Straight!
    Hank

Top Bottom