• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Made my last trip to work today. Tomorrow, I will be a free man after 43 years of employment with the USAF. I was blessed after 31 years of military service to transition to civil service. It all started back in 1979, right out of high school when I reported to basic training at Lackland AFB.

As I was cleaning out my desk, I found a sticky note with Church Mouse's phone number. Brought back some good memories of the first time I met him. He was a wonderful man.

I also have lots of good memories of the great people that I worked with. One of my favorite times was when I was a jet engine tech on the A-10s at Grissom. Engine max power runs were fun. 20230602_144630.jpg

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    You have served this Nation well in peace and war, both in military and civil service. You have earned an awesome and long retirement.

May you be able to enjoy every minute of it.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Well done, and welcome to the club!
    Wife retired four years ago. I figured reaching the age of 62 was good enough. My father worked until he was 75 and died at 76. We wanted to enjoy life before age and sickness limits our mobility.

Our cabin in Alaska will be visited by us in the summer. We will only go there for 3-6 weeks each year. The rest of the time, we will be hanging around Warsaw and north central Indiana. Dad is buried over in Ohio, and I will visit there on a regular basis. We hope to spend a few weeks traveling each year and see more of the country.

Top Bottom