Retail establishments that don't allow firearms?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Was dining at Shoops in Valpo, and a Pro2A sign also read "Concealed Carry is Allowed". It was by the register, so gave the manager a "thumbs up" for the meal and the support. While covered, had my Glock 21.

Good Burgers!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Was dining at Shoops in Valpo, and a Pro2A sign also read "Concealed Carry is Allowed". It was by the register, so gave the manager a "thumbs up" for the meal and the support. While covered, had my Glock 21.

Good Burgers!

Many of us in "the region" have stopped there after a visit to Blythes gun range.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Starbucks isn't exactly gun friendly...they are suppose to request that you leave your firearms in the car while you are at starbucks

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Starbucks isn't exactly gun friendly...they are suppose to request that you leave your firearms in the car while you are at starbucks

Not quite, corporate issued a letter asking people not to bring them into the store after a bunch of people started carrying long guns in. But they stated their employees are not to say anything if someone did carry in.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    No weapons of any kind? That sounds like sarcasm to me, especially when considering the experiences posted above.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I've never seen a single Starbucks store posted, and have never seen or heard a single Starbucks employee make that request of me or anyone else.

The CEO issued an "open letter", making a friendly request. I'm equally friendly as I ignore him.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks

I still can't figure out why anyone would go to Starbucks for way overpriced coffee. Washington Square had one years ago and I walked thru it once just to check it out and thought 'do people really spend this much for coffee?'.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I still can't figure out why anyone would go to Starbucks for way overpriced coffee. Washington Square had one years ago and I walked thru it once just to check it out and thought 'do people really spend this much for coffee?'.

I primarily drink it when I'm on the road. I'll take a $2.50 cup of 20oz dark-roast coffee from Starbucks, versus the swill available in the hotel, even for free.

And when I stroll through airport security at 4:30am every Monday, stopping at the Starbucks just inside Terminal A is not a luxury; it is a requirement.

ron8924

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    SouthWest IN
    So seems that alot of people here will boycott any business that has a no guns sign. This is a little off of the retail business topic, but I was at the hospital in Evansville with my wife the other day and noticed they had a no gun sign on their doors. Would you refuse treatment at that facility or any other treatment facility if they have these signs?

My personal opinion is that I conceal carry for a reason and since signs hold no weight of law I will generally ignore them and continue to carry as usual.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I've never seen a single Starbucks store posted, and have never seen or heard a single Starbucks employee make that request of me or anyone else.

The CEO issued an "open letter", making a friendly request. I'm equally friendly as I ignore him.

I took the open letter after being pressured by the antis as picking a side in my mind.

Expensive coffee and pathetically high level of calories, I can do without starbucks

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    So seems that alot of people here will boycott any business that has a no guns sign. This is a little off of the retail business topic, but I was at the hospital in Evansville with my wife the other day and noticed they had a no gun sign on their doors. Would you refuse treatment at that facility or any other treatment facility if they have these signs?

My personal opinion is that I conceal carry for a reason and since signs hold no weight of law I will generally ignore them and continue to carry as usual.
    If the hospital has a secure prisoner treatment areas, then the whole facility is no-carry. All rest are just requests, as you noted. And yes, I would still get treatment at a no-carry medical provider.

ron8924

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    SouthWest IN
    If the hospital has a secure prisoner treatment areas, then the whole facility is no-carry. All rest are just requests, as you noted. And yes, I would still get treatment at a no-carry medical provider.

What IC would that fall under? Wouldn't just the secure area be off limits? I'm not sure if they do have a secure prisioner treatment area, I would assume they could very possibly have one; this is one of the bigger hospitals in Evansville.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What IC would that fall under? Wouldn't just the secure area be off limits? I'm not sure if they do have a secure prisioner treatment area, I would assume they could very possibly have one; this is one of the bigger hospitals in Evansville.
    I can't give you the IC but someone here probably can. I'm pretty sure I'm right about this. I work for a large hospital organization and all our doors have the no guns/knives signs, but none of our facilities are prohibited by law.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Entire hospital, just like the entire county building is off limits because of a court room.

Can you cite the I.C. that states it is unlawful to carry in a court house or connected building, or a hospital with a secure prisoner treatment area, or even a jail? I've never seen it.

Just want to make sure we're not perpetuating bad information.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009

This is worth double checking with the online lawyers. I recall Guy Relford stating that some hospitals really are "gun free zones".

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Hospitals with a prison wing is a GFZ. I find it really ironic that federal buildings are gun free zones. By definition they are public places, and shouldn't they be the last ones to deny you your rights? I get that court rooms have high emotions and desperate people, so that isn't a really fair assessment. But the post office is the one that really pisses me off. It's not a government entity. The PO is a business that the gov't just thinks we can't do without. It's run with no motive to succeed. That's why they suck most of the time. You can't even have a gun in your car on the property. Need to drop a letter in the drive through drop box? Have a gun and you're a felon. Our lawmakers have lost all common sense.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I don't know about a firearms policy, but Citgo, is owned by Hugo Chavez, and they use the profits, to train their Army, to kill Americans.....

so I NEVER buy ANYTHING there .....

Top Bottom