Retail establishments that don't allow firearms?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spazstick87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    So this tilted kilt in Louisville... Where is it? About a year ago we went to its location and when we got there the place was closed. Like it had been from some time. I would like to go as long as they don't get too bent outta shape over someone carrying. I hear the food is really good lol

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Hmmm...

So this tilted kilt in Louisville... Where is it? About a year ago we went to its location and when we got there the place was closed. Like it had been from some time. I would like to go as long as they don't get too bent outta shape over someone carrying. I hear the food is really good lol

Sadly, you are correct about it closing, but it was on Dutchmans Ln.

They had a sign at the front door about weapons / firearms, because in KY the laws about carrying in a location that serves alcohol is different than in IN. Also, a sign in KY carries the weight of the law, unlike IN.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Costco in Castleton used to have a no guns sign, but hasn't had it for several years.

Member Privileges and Conditions
    [h=2]General Policies[/h]
    • Shirts and shoes are required.
    • Members are welcome to bring their children and up to two guests into the warehouse, however, only Costco members may purchase items.
    • Parents are responsible for their children and should not leave them unattended.
    • Members are responsible for their guests and other family members.
    • Costco reserves the right to inspect any container, backpack, briefcase, etc., upon entering or leaving the warehouse.
    • To ensure that all members are correctly charged for the merchandise purchased, all receipts and merchandise will be inspected as you leave the warehouse.
    • Liquor and tobacco sales cannot be made to minors.
    • Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers.
    • Animals are not permitted in Costco warehouses unless admission is required by applicable law.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Let's not forget the CVS that was just robbed across the street from them.

CVS gets robbed because that's where the pills are, and pills are big money in the current elicit drug trade. It's cheaper and easier to rob a CVS then it is to import heroin or grow weed. I would not consider the robbery of a CVS to indicate anything about the surrounding area, as organized crews travel to hit them.

gtpilot21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2015
    Noblesville, IN
    CVS gets robbed because that's where the pills are, and pills are big money in the current elicit drug trade. It's cheaper and easier to rob a CVS then it is to import heroin or grow weed. I would not consider the robbery of a CVS to indicate anything about the surrounding area, as organized crews travel to hit them.

That is a good point. You are correct pills is a big business. CVS does have the highest robbery % out of the pharmacies.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    I pretty much ignore the little signs and requests of theses businesses that I enter their premises unarmed. I CC. I'm good at it. No one ever knows but me and my wife. Period.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Sadly, you are correct about it closing, but it was on Dutchmans Ln.

They had a sign at the front door about weapons / firearms, because in KY the laws about carrying in a location that serves alcohol is different than in IN. Also, a sign in KY carries the weight of the law, unlike IN.

No firearm signs in Kentucky have no force of law unless they are posted on property that is specifically mentioned in State Law as being off limits to those with a Permit/License to Carry. If you are in a place not specifically mentioned in the law that is posted and they ask you to leave, you must leave. If you refuse to leave then you are breaking the law and can be charged.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/kentucky.pdf

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I've stopped at several cracker barrels over the years and have never seen a sign stating no weapons.

Many places that may have such a policy don't actually have signs. Depends on the manager/people working on if you'll be confronted about it. It is pretty well established though that Cracker Barrel has a no gun policy (at least no open carry).

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    There are signs? The few that have been listed I don't go to anyway, not because they're anti-gun, I just don't go. I'm on a limited income and cc so I don't look for signs, I get what I need (need being the key word) and move on. Older part of family meets at various restaurants every Wed. morning for breakfast, including Denny's, I go and just have coffee.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Businesses that understand the COTUS and recognize State CCW Laws/Provision...and who are considerate and understanding of my need to provide safety and protection to my family...earn my hard-earned $$ in return.

Those that won't do either...don't either!

Top Bottom