• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It’s a tough process and program at my wife’s school system.. they asked her and she declined the offer.. I know one her coworkers went thru the training.. psychology evaluation first.. if passed they went to Ohio to train and it was a 3 day course/class.
    All teachers/administrators had to pass with a higher score than the Ohio state troopers did
    Tough course.. went thru over 1k rounds during drills

If I'm hearing this correctly, your wife's coworker can carry at school, on the job as a teacher?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I wonder if this school embraced the LBTQ garbage like other schools have. I mean, who would have thought that encouraging mental illness could lead to issues?
    Good question. I’m thinking I shared one of those LoTT posts that showed that garbage in some school system in Iowa a few weeks ago. That would be ironic.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Anybody else see a trend developing?

View attachment 323381
    There’s always been, and always will be kooks and crazies willing to carry out evil, but yeah, this particular group seems to have a real tendency towards violence, and it’s been embraced and encouraged by educators, doctors, the entire left… it’s beyond mind boggling.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    If I'm hearing this correctly, your wife's coworker can carry at school, on the job as a teacher?
    Sorry I didn’t answer that.. she missed passing by a small margin.. or she would have been assigned a locked pistol box that they mount in her room. I am not certain if any one did. It’s really kept quiet for the teachers sake

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    See this video . . . according to John Crump, Iowa Law allows for armed teachers and staff, but the insurance companies that would underwrite the school districts have told them if they allow any guns on campus, they'll cancel coverage immediately. Why? Shouldn't be too hard to connect the dots. Lobbying of insurance companies by all the anti-gun groups: Mom's Demand, Brady, etc. They cannot wield their fund-raising pumps without school shootings.

I have to wonder if this is impacting enabling teacher and staff carry in Indiana.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Police say 6th-grader killed, 5 injured by 17-year-old in Iowa school shooting.

The five people injured included four students and an administrator. Four stable, and one in critical condition but expected to survive.

The 17 year old murderer, was a student at the High School. The POS was armed with a pump-action shotgun and a small-caliber handgun. Police also found a rudimentary improvised explosive device in the school.

The POS then offed itself.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    The POS was armed with a pump-action shotgun and a small-caliber handgun.

Saw on the local Fox59 news this morning that KJP's press conference commentary said FJB was once again urging lawmakers to pass an assault weapon ban, universal background checks, and close various "loopholes".

Of course, none of that would've stopped this 17 y/o from using a shotgun and pistol (which I'm assuming it took from a family member) to commit this crime, but oh well. Who cares about grieving families and trans violence when a sound-bite opportunity presents itself!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sorry I didn’t answer that.. she missed passing by a small margin.. or she would have been assigned a locked pistol box that they mount in her room. I am not certain if any one did. It’s really kept quiet for the teachers sake

Great to hear that there are teachers armed in Indiana!

The hard part is now as you mentioned. How to get the word out so the nut jobs are deterred and at the same time not isolate to the individual teacher?

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

The hard part is now as you mentioned. How to get the word out so the nut jobs are deterred and at the same time not isolate to the individual teacher?
    I like the approach taken in Utah and other places.

Large signs indicating the school corporation has authorized staff to be armed, and to use deadly force in defense of staff and students.

As demonstrated by the Nashville shooter, most of the whack jobs will go find a softer target.

1704472370231.png

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John

I am not sure if it would always be a deterrent.
    Maybe some might be deterred, or other cases maybe not. Uniformed armed police are shot at, even ambushed, by criminals.

Nut cases are still going to be nut cases. I am not against arming school staff or the general public. Teachers might be able to stop or limit the damage in a particular situation. Yet, one or more people at school could be shot before an armed teacher gets to the specific location and is able to stop the attacker. The media made a big deal about the police arriving in only 7 minutes. A lot more could have been shot and/or killed in that 7 minutes.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am not sure if it would always be a deterrent.
    Maybe some might be deterred, or other cases maybe not. Uniformed armed police are shot at, even ambushed, by criminals.

Nut cases are still going to be nut cases. I am not against arming school staff or the general public. Teachers might be able to stop or limit the damage in a particular situation. Yet, one or more people at school could be shot before an armed teacher gets to the specific location and is able to stop the attacker. The media made a big deal about the police arriving in only 7 minutes. A lot more could have been shot and/or killed in that 7 minutes.
    It will help many of these schools, as long as there are liberal school boards that refuse to get onboard. Other mass shooters have avoided the hardened targets and sought out the GFZs.

EDIT: And it happens to a less violent extent in my neck of the woods every night (almost). Seems like 3-4x a weeks somebody is complaining on Nextdoor or FB about how thugs rummaged through their unlocked cars and stole valuables. Same diff. They find a locked door (armed staff) and move on to the next car. Lather, rinse, repeat until they find an unlocked (unarmed staff) car and commit the crime.

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    In schools K-12, the mass shooter was a suicidal white male student of the school with a history of trauma. He leaked his premeditated plan before the shooting, and most often used multiple guns stolen from a family member.

That’s from some big brains study.
    Let’s see if they are right.
    Looks like the big brained people were right?

Might wanna add the LBGTXYZ to the mix.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

I had no idea some Indiana districts offered this. Very nice.

My wife/daughters school has a full time Allen County Deputy Sheriff with K9 on staff which is nice. Still, I do wish she was allowed to carry.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There’s always been, and always will be kooks and crazies willing to carry out evil...
    Mental illness comes in many forms. We shouldn't be too awfully surprised when one form tips over into violence.

I don't know if trans are any more predisposed to violence than other types of mental illness, but the population of those with mental illness is who we should be comparing.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Mental illness comes in many forms. We shouldn't be too awfully surprised when one form tips over into violence.

I don't know if trans are any more predisposed to violence than other types of mental illness, but the population of those with mental illness is who we should be comparing.
    In my opinion. I think this is the outcome of drugging kids instead of actually punishing them for bad behavior. It just seems to me that a few years after Ritalin replaced corporal punishment. We started seeing mental illness starting to show its ugly face with the youth.

Top Bottom