• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    We'll see. Personally I don't have much hope that it will be any better than the past as everything else made by Vista has been of lessening quality lately also.
    You should watch the video. I know that most business executives talk a smooth line but the Vista rep came across very encouraging. I thought it was notable that he said one of the first steps was to bring back the furloughed employees.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    First thing I'd like to see them do is cleanup the .22 LR. Anything that I shoot them fouls very quickly and I won't shoot them in any of my semi-autos any more.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Hey Remington! Remember us? Who you may ask? (What are you an owl?). Yes, us reloaders could use some LARGE PISTOL PRIMERS !!! Like now and pronto at NOT so ridiculous prices ie. $100/1000. Or have you completely forsaken those of us who have supported you for years??
    Good questions, no? :horse:

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    So was the plant completely shut down and for how long? I wonder what percentage they had of the ammo market and if they were out how much that contributed to the price increases.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hey Remington! Remember us? Who you may ask? (What are you an owl?). Yes, us reloaders could use some LARGE PISTOL PRIMERS !!! Like now and pronto at NOT so ridiculous prices ie. $100/1000. Or have you completely forsaken those of us who have supported you for years??
    Good questions, no? :horse:

Remington's first mission should be production of ALL primers. Drive the market price back down to reasonable levels. I'll happily pay 50% higher than before the scamdemic, FOR NOW. :nono:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Boy, there sure isn't much feel good around here for a bunch of people that are trying any way they can to keep alive a name that's been around since before your great, great, grandfather was born.

Like the guy in the video said, "Buying a company is easy, integrating a company is hard". Be glad we're not (yet) losing another piece of our country's history and heritage.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It looks like they are restoring to full capability a good large ammo plant, I just came from Cabelas up in noblesville. Remington ammo was pretty flush. Lots of the big popular calibers.

I think that is where we are right now. The popular big calibers are consistently in stock, and prices are slowly coming down. Soon they will slack back on the major calibers and start running the more odd stuff.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Though for me. I think they should slowly phase out the Remington name... and slowly bring back the UMC, Union Metallic Cartridge Company.

They seem to use the UMC right now as a line name for basic FMJ ammo for rifle and handgun

Also, this is interesting. You can order Remingiton ammo directly from the manufacture website. I don't remember ever seeing that. Little pricey though.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    You should watch the video. I know that most business executives talk a smooth line but the Vista rep came across very encouraging. I thought it was notable that he said one of the first steps was to bring back the furloughed employees.
    Considering the "quality" of their ammo before the shutdown that doesn't really mean much. IF, and that is a big if, Vista can instill actual QC, then great. As I mentioned in my first post, Vista's products have been on slow downward spiral anyway so I'm not hopeful. May put in some effort off the bat to rebuild their reputation and build a customer base then start gradually start let things slide. If not, well, I'll be very pleasantly surprised.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I used to buy 500-round cases of Remington 9mm from Dick's Sporting Goods in college. Some nice memories from those times will always be linked to Remington ammo - good luck guys & gals!

Top Bottom