• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    Has anyone tried to put a new stock on a 710? I was wondering if a 700 stock would fit without too much modificaton. I have a 710 that is a good shooter, it's just looks sooooo cheap.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Can't help you out with your exact delimma... But my buddy painted his 710 stock a matte black with some polymer-specific paint.

It's one sharp looking rifle now...

Just something to consider if you can't fit another stock.

-J-

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I do not think it would take to much to fit a 700 stock onto one.I think the larger problem would be no trigger guard as a 710 has the nice cheap plastic guard built into the stock.I am not saying a 710 is a bad rifle,I have had one and as far as accuracy it was excellent for the price and never had any problems with mine.However when you get the cash upgrade to a 700vsl...you will be a very happy man then :)

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    It's not that I don't already have other very capable and better rifles. I bought the 710 off of a buddy who needed cash. Trying to help the guy out, I end up with a butt-ugly rifle. I never considered the trigger guard issue. Guess I should just look for a good quality paint.

I'm not much on the 700VSL, but I do have a 700 Sendero that is fun to shoot. Blew a muskrat clean out of the water with that one.

smileytrucker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Modoc IN
    A friend of mine did it and did have to alter guard. Told me it wasnt that big of deal but then again he may have had a smith do it i dont know. If I find out ill let you know.

Top Bottom