• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dbusby2009

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Madison County
    I have both a remington 1100 perfect shape WELL taken care of and a Mossberg 935 Magnum thats BRAND NEW and I purchased some Remington 2 3/4 8 shot today and headed out to shoot. I loaded both guns with the ammo and proceded to shoot and I fired my 1100 first and Boom! gun fires no problem but the empty casing doesn't load new round or eject the old. Then I grab my Mossberg and same thing happens. seems pretty unlikeley both guns became broken because one is NEW and other is perfect and what are the odds same thing breaks on both guns. ANYWAYS! could this be an ammo issue.? seems like it has to be but I have bought all types of ammo in past and never had issues.
    ANY INSIGHT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED:biggun: THANKS

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    I have a 1100 20ga that doesn't like low brass game loads. I buy high brass pheasant loads with a little more power and it functions flawlessly. I use mine mostly for rabbits and it works no matter how cold it is outside.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    When I run low brass in my Saiga 12, I only use Federal. The consensus seems to be that they are the best. You can get a 100 round bulk pack at walmart of 1 1/8 oz 1200 fps #8, or #7.5 for $22.00.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    some 1100 have this very problem with ammo that is on the low end of the power spectrum,like 7/8 oz bargain buy stuff, the fix is to either run hotter ammo, or have the gas ports opened up a little. I got lucky and mine runs fine, but I know a lot of 3 gunners just get the ports worked on.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    My 1100's will not cycle using target ammo either. You just need something with a little more fps. All problems solved. The target ammo is simply designed to be single shot loaded and not semi auto fired, and is loaded light on the powder for the manufacture to save money.

Top Bottom