• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    These were super popular the first couple years I went to school. We had an area at the edge of the playground dug up where we'd make obstacle courses for them:

Had loads of them. Good times.

Erector sets though,that was where it was. Spend a good part of my youth building anything and everything.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    When I was just a lad I really enjoyed playing with my "remote" controlled T-Rex.

Trex.jpg
    That toy was so much fun, walking it across the floor. Even when the batteries played out, that T-Rex went on educating my young mind. I learned that all "electricity" is not the same.
    Instead of asking my mom for fresh batteries, I pulled the wires out of the "remote" and promptly plugged those bare wires into the closest wall outlet. Yes, a yoot inserting bare wires into a live household outlet.
    WHAT COULD GO WRONG?
    That was the day I learned that not all electricity was the same.

A flash of blue sparks was enough to convince me to move on to other activities.
    The toy was discarded, the fuse in the fuse box was still good, a young boy was not shocked and lived to play another day.
    Thank You T-Rex for my introduction to electricity and lifelong desire to tinker. You are long gone, but not forgotten.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Stompers were awesome. So were penny racers. They were pull back cars about the size of a walnut. There was a slot behind the license plate where you could stick a penny. When you did that they would pop a wheelie and do donuts.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And I still have a Mattel shooting gallery. I broke mine, but bought another off ebay about 10 years ago.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I played with Match Box cars and trucks growing up. These preceded Hot Wheels. The day before my 15th birthday my little sister was born. Thanks Mom and Dad. Being the youngest and only boy wasn't to bad a deal up until then. The Match Box cars were used by my little sister growing up. On my 65th birthday, my little sister gifted me those original Match Box cars. Don't play with them anymore, but they do have a special place.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Damn... you guys are ooold.

These were super popular the first couple years I went to school. We had an area at the edge of the playground dug up where we'd make obstacle courses for them:

I still have one. It's a black semi. If I can find it, I'll post a pic.

Top Bottom