• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    This is my understanding of how things work for buying or selling reloads. There are companies and individuals that are in the business of making and selling reloads. As far as I know to do this legally they must have an FFL-6. I reload but do not sell any of my reloads and would not sell to anyone. I do not have the FFL-6 and am not insured in case I would screw something up. It does happen and I know people with blown up guns. Never blown up a gun but have pulled a fair amount of bullets. Jim.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    hello everyone is there anyone who reloads in northeast Indiana? looking possibly to buy some reloads and getting into it myself. thanks
    How much $ are you looking to spend to get into reloading?
    I ask because their are different price ranges for different brands. Lee being the most affordable to say Dillon much more expensive but can produce many rounds in a short time. With several brands in between.

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    You might do a search on the web for more precise info, Rose Reloading LLC Silver Lake, Indiana. This is a commercial reloading business.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Reloads = alchemy, at least to me. I don't reload and I wouldn't chamber a reload from a "buddy". Plenty of guys reload with no problems. But when there is a problem, yikes! There are lots of books, literature and people on this forum that reload, so there are plenty of resources to help you get started. I really have no idea how much money might be saved reloading and if that savings would be worth risks involved. Just a two cent opinion from a non-reloader.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Read a reloading manual or other references, do some online research if desired and then come back here with any questions that are sure to come up. There are plenty of folks here willing to help a beginner. I have declined a number of requests over the years from friends who wanted me to load ammo for them. I always responded that I didn't want any responsibility for what could happen to their firearms, let alone their personal safety.

GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    I agree with the consensus here - I reload but would never sell reloads or do it for a friend. If they are still in business, B and K Bullets in Peru would reload your brass to save you a bit of money on ammo. They also sell bullets, of course. Also, I a have gotten some advice from Bob at the Roush Lake Shooting Range (aka Huntington Reservoir.) He is very experienced, and if you can get past his rough, old-codger personality (lol - I hope he is not on this forum...) he can be pretty helpful.

I started reloading maybe 8 years ago, and put together all my equipment over a few years span. Mostly Lee stuff - single stage press, powder measure, scales, dies, etc. I think I got started with about $200 in equipment, and then started getting components (powder, primers, bullets.) I read "The ABC's Of Reloading" before I started the process, and that was extremely helpful.

Good Luck!

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I would cation everyone about using someone else's reloads. Afriend came out over the weekend to use the range and sight in a 357 Rossi 92. A mutual friend gave him some of his reloads 125 gr over blue dot.
    On the second shot, the cartridge separated leaving the case minus the case rim in the chamber and it took some time to remove the case. No harm but who knows what might have happened.....

20230213_140744.jpg

20230213_140734.jpg

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    I haven't been here long myself, but some of the newbies are just fascinating. Take the OP of this thread. Joined in 2014. First post was Nov 2022 to ask about Browning BLR vs BAR in 243 for deer hunting. Goes silent for 2 more months, then asks about buying reloads and abandons his own thread again. Fascinating.

SSE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Tippecanoe Co.
    It might be as simple as the OP's question was answered or he is busy. Some people just use forums for info and some people use them for entertainment. I am online more now that I am retired than before but I still prefer shooting rather than talking about shooting.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I haven't been here long myself, but some of the newbies are just fascinating. Take the OP of this thread. Joined in 2014. First post was Nov 2022 to ask about Browning BLR vs BAR in 243 for deer hunting. Goes silent for 2 more months, then asks about buying reloads and abandons his own thread again. Fascinating.
    REALLY slow runner?

• Love
    Reactions: Mij
    Top Bottom