• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Just wondering how you like those tube primers? It didn't take long for me to yank mine off my turret press. It came with it and looked like a good system but after using it I found out it really sucked. I had to toss a few cases out because it kept seating the primers sideways. Now I know why most people prefer to hand prime. I like to feel the primer being seated and with the tube feeder you can't feel what's going on in there.

DSCN2363.jpg
    (Before I removed it)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    probably should have mentioned that in the OP: Yes, I'm planning on the strong mount. Based on what I've seen I'd be foolish to not include it if I'm planning on going the Dillon route. I'll have to play around with the 40" height range to see how it will work for me. Thanks!

Max, I am 6' on the nose in barefeet and the top of my bench is 41". My press is in the mount and the handle is just below my shoulder when I stand on my reloading mat in my barefeet (a jelly pad that surgeons stand on).

If it helps, the head of Eli Lilly's industrial hygenie gave me an in home inspection and approved this range for someone my height.:D

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    reloading%20room%20guns%20005_zpsnii28oxv.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]My reloading room with new RCBS Pr0 2000
    reloading%20room%20guns%20001_zpss6tnsy38.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    reloading%20room%20guns%20002_zps2y29wuqa.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    reloading%20room%20guns%20004_zps9lsnjtpd.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    A buddy and I are almost done with my new bench. Took a couple days, but I think it turned out really well. I will be posting progress pictures and finished product installed.

He is a contractor here in my town and does excellent work. Very precise and exactly how you want it. The attention to detail was crazy, he taught me a lot. I took this all in and called it a learning experience.

It'll sure last a long time. I'm sure is someone wants a custom reloading bench or anything he would more than happy to help ya out.

Okay. Pic time.

I got a little antsy and I haven't relocated my presses yet. There's still just a few final things I need to complete this. Tool box that will fit on the slide out, my presses, compressor, steel for the mounts and so on.

Sorry for the crappy pics. Silly cell is all I had.
    Here is the first part of the build. Just the bench top and legs.

And the 4x4 for a more secure mounting.

The slide out shelf for my tool box.

A little bit of carpet.

A little more carpet and some trim.

Different location. Slide out shelf pulled out.

Handle on slide out shelf. One side of the upper shelves is up.

And the other upper shelf.

Awaiting dis-assembly and delivery.

Installed my reloading room. Not set up.

Partially set up.

Thanks for looking guys. a lot of time and work went in to this (as well as money.) I'm extremely happy overall and will get a ton of use out of this.
    Hopefully someday I'll be able to give it to my son or daughter.

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    219x47p.jpg

Tomorrow when the polyurethane is dry I'll be moving the bench to it's new home and mounting the press!

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    MY cozy "Man Cube". I ran out of space on my old reloading bench so I moved everything across the room and did the switcharoo with my gun cleaning bench which was a lot more roomy. Now I don't have to work around the presses to find available areas on the bench top to work on.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Getting more comfortable.

More upgrades. Added a couple of single stage presses (gifts from family and the little one is a bullet puller,not that I would ever need such a thing :rolleyes:). Also turned shelves into a cabinet for powders and primers, built a fold down cleaning/armorers bench under the stairs and brought down a bookcase from upstairs. In addition I built a full extension slide out shelf under the bench to hold bullets and brass. The heavy duty slides are rated at 500lbs and I believe I have about 350lbs of lead on them at the present time. Works great and is very handy. :)

233_zpsvh7a7gop.jpg

252_zpsjcb3lgpd.jpg

310_zps3ye8wnxb.jpg

254_zpsjzo2v4v2.jpg

297_zps9xl0s3cb.jpg

303_zpsbjgeztuk.jpg

306_zpsuja7egao.jpg

309_zpsckg5dfni.jpg

Attachments

• 304_zpsmsqqthdg.jpg
      304_zpsmsqqthdg.jpg
      145 KB · Views: 59
    Last edited:

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    A lot of you guys have some sweet set ups. I am currently working gun/reloading roo. I just placed an order for a RCBS turret press to replace my Lee Breech Lock. I'm looking forward to sharing my new space with you all soon.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    It has been about 6 months since I have done anything to my reloading area. It is very small, but capable of everything I need it for and it is tucked away in a basement corner. Luckily I have other places to store powder and primers. Not included is my Lee single state with Redding G-Rx die for getting the 40 bulge out. I have enjoyed looking through all the other pics and they have given me something to work towards. Thanks everyone!

11123735_1641375169409005_1787015211_n.jpg

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Just read through this entire thread and can't wait to close on our house so I can get started on a dedicated reloading room. My current super compact setup resides in the corner of our living room most the time.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Just read through this entire thread and can't wait to close on our house so I can get started on a dedicated reloading room. My current super compact setup resides in the corner of our living room most the time.

The Lava Lamp is a nice touch, it helps set the mood for more exotic calibers. :):

Just kidding around, I have been in temporary reloading situations several times. The stand set up looks like it works well with the Dillon.

Top Bottom