• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Back that train up to the station - no one on the left is discussing them as a possible good thing. People are right are discussing it because they like to yell "Wolverines!", not because there's any indication that it could be a possible without an incredible chain of events leading to it.

A very low level DNC party member used the word "reeducate". It was a poor choice of wording, and will likely ensure that his political career has hit its zenith.

Right wing op-ed sites and Tweeters jumped at the chance to use this as another opportunity to rally their readership with false claims about camps. Thus, demonizing and dehumanizing the opposition.

It's true enough that it would take an incredible chain of events for reeducation camps to be a real thing. But I wouldn't be too dismissive of the importance of people talking about it. It does mark a difference in what people are willing to say in public. There have been proponents of Communism in the US since there was such a thing. They've never really had much sway because almost no one dared to even say it. They haven't dared to say it because free speech defeats it in the public square. Now they're saying it openly and condescendingly as often and provocatively as they please, because they have the mob on their side to marginalize and dismiss dissenters as racists or whatever.

It's not in a good direction we're heading currently. The cliff isn't merely feet away though. There are hills and valleys and obstacles to overcome. There is time to turn it around. And there is some evidence of resistance building on the left to a lot of these kooky ideas. That Trump even got this close to winning is most likely due to the extent to which the rabid left has exposed themselves over the past year.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think we're getting hung up on "one step" here as if it's a tiny step.

Really there are only 2 steps in the process as demonstrated throughout human history.

Step 1: Talk about doing it. ( < we are here)
    Step 2: Doing it.

There really isn't a step 1,a 1,b 1,c here.

You can reduce things down as much as you'd like. But there is a lot more that would have to be put in place to even get to step 2. It takes more than just talk. But that there IS this kind of talk is indicative of a problem that people should not dismiss.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think we're getting hung up on "one step" here as if it's a tiny step.

Really there are only 2 steps in the process as demonstrated throughout human history.

Step 1: Talk about doing it. ( < we are here)
    Step 2: Doing it.

There really isn't a step 1,a 1,b 1,c here.
    Except we're not at step one. Maybe we're at step 1/2: Imagine we're at step 1.
    There's no "let's do this" talk from the left, but there is, "they're going to do this" coming from the right (w/o any evidence of it whatsoever).

That's the demonizing going on.

There's a big difference - nobody's proposing this as a serious solution. But yet, he we are getting ready to take up arms as if it's a possibility. That's the part that looks crazy. That's when others look and say, "Why should I believe anything that has to say? He honestly thinks he's getting loaded into a cattle car destined for an old Walmart." :nuts:

There's tons of reasons to be concerned about the left - right now you've got the whole cancel culture and wokeness. Those are real, those are happening now - let's deal with that rationally, instead of shouting "Wolverines!" and fighting imaginary problems.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    There's no "let's do this" talk from the left, but there is, "they're going to do this" coming from the right (w/o any evidence of it whatsoever).

I would say "calling to attention"

There's a big difference - nobody's proposing this as a serious solution.
    Don't bet the farm on that belief.

But yet, he we are getting ready to take up arms as if it's a possibility. That's the part that looks crazy. That's when others look and say, "Why should I believe anything that has to say? He honestly thinks he's getting loaded into a cattle car destined for an old Walmart." :nuts:

There's tons of reasons to be concerned about the left - right now you've got the whole cancel culture and wokeness. Those are real, those are happening now - let's deal with that rationally, instead of shouting "Wolverines!" and fighting imaginary problems.

That's all part of step 1... just give it time.

Again, history shows that talk leads to action. It shouldn't even be passing their lips, but it is.

no talk ---- talk ---- action

You are here ^^

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

There's a big difference - nobody's proposing this as a serious solution. But yet, he we are getting ready to take up arms as if it's a possibility. That's the part that looks crazy. That's when others look and say, "Why should I believe anything that has to say? He honestly thinks he's getting loaded into a cattle car destined for an old Walmart." :nuts:

I think it's twitter/facebook that makes people say a lot of **** that they likely would not have said without social media feedback. Dude just wanted his dopamine hit from seeing other bat **** crazy people on the internet praise him.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I would say "calling to attention"

Again, history shows that talk leads to action. It shouldn't even be passing their lips, but it is.

You are here ^^
    Call attention to what?

There was one dumb tweet from the political rank of dog catcher; and it didn't even mention camps.
    If you think they're talking about it, then you're going to have to show me. As wikipedia says, "Citation needed."

This whole "round up the right wingers and send them to camp" has been going on for decades without any rationality to it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Call attention to what?

There was one dumb tweet from the political rank of dog catcher; and it didn't even mention camps.
    If you think they're talking about it, then you're going to have to show me. As wikipedia says, "Citation needed."

This whole "round up the right wingers and send them to camp" has been going on for decades without any rationality to it.

Everyone knows what "reeducation" means. I think it's reasonable to assume that he and everyone he thought would read his tweet knew what it means. Like I said, people one-up the last bat **** crazy thing by taking the next one off the imagination queue.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think it's twitter/facebook that makes people say a lot of **** that they likely would not have said without social media feedback. Dude just wanted his dopamine hit from seeing other bat **** crazy people on the internet praise him.
    There is quite a bit of tweet and delete going on nowadays without giving much rational thought to it. Bat**** crazy people just like to blurt **** out in the moment. It's when they start getting too much of the wrong kind of attention they scramble to delete.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Call attention to what?

A setting member of congress is calling for an enemies list... Just where do you think that kind of thought process goes given enough voices?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Propaganda is biased/misleading information used to influence belief.

Some people have used language that asserts that it's either the next step or it's now. You guys often site some sources that are very questionable. I read those sites and much of the information is indeed biased or misleading, and there's no doubt about what they're wanting their readers to believe. I would just like to urge caution. When you identify with a side you're a lot more susceptible to believe information just because it comes from your side. Right wing is going off the rails right now. I mean the **** with the election that some of you guys believe is astonishing. I'm still waiting for legit Kraken to show up.

I thought you were an IT guy. Are you saying you don't believe vote totals could be/were manipulated electronically in a way that lack of a paper trail/honest recount could make difficult or impossible to prove

I'm assuming you have a working knowledge of statistics, so what do you think about Biden underperforming Clinton everywhere but parts of four battleground states and whiffing on almost every bellwether indicator but still supposedly winning the race?

All we did on election day was tell them how many Biden votes they needed to create election night

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

You are here ^^

Cease and desist letter on the way (as soon as Sidney gets done with that other stuff)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There is quite a bit of tweet and delete going on nowadays without giving much rational thought to it. Bat**** crazy people just like to blurt **** out in the moment. It's when they start getting too much of the wrong kind of attention they scramble to delete.

When people tell you who they really are, believe them the first time

Is anyone from the left condemning that guy's reeducation tweet?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I thought you were an IT guy. Are you saying you don't believe vote totals could be/were manipulated electronically in a way that lack of a paper trail/honest recount could make difficult or impossible to prove

I'm assuming you have a working knowledge of statistics, so what do you think about Biden underperforming Clinton everywhere but parts of four battleground states and whiffing on almost every bellwether indicator but still supposedly winning the race?

All we did on election day was tell them how many Biden votes they needed to create election night

Show me the Kraken. Not the potential for it to exist. It’s an extraordinary claim. It needs commensurate evidence.

Top Bottom