• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I was at a gunshow today and I was looking at red dot sights. 1 problem they showed up as green instead of red to me. My dad was like ''Its red not green.'' So any reasons why?

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    No you wouldn't. There's different levels of color blindness. Mixing red and green is one of those levels. There could be other colors you don't see right as well.

I looked at a Aimpoint with the brightness all the way up and it was green then I looked at a Eotech with the brightness down and it was red

loki.fish

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    SW Indiana
    My uncle sees red stop lights as green and green stop lights as red. Blue and purple are backwards for him as well. I know somebody else who can't track the deer he kills because he can't see the blood on the ground, as the colors meld together, he has to call his brother or wife to come help him.

It sounds like you have color blindness, the severity/intensity, whatever you want to call it, could be mild. An eye doctor will probably be able to tell you much more.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    My uncle sees red stop lights as green and green stop lights as red. Blue and purple are backwards for him as well. I know somebody else who can't track the deer he kills because he can't see the blood on the ground, as the colors meld together, he has to call his brother or wife to come help him.

It sounds like you have color blindness, the severity/intensity, whatever you want to call it, could be mild. An eye doctor will probably be able to tell you much more.

Don't understand then. I see every color perfectly. The only thing I have problems with is a red dot optic. Then I look at the eotechs and they are red

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There are several sights available that have both red and green built in. Is it possible that it was on the green setting when you looked through it, but accidentally flipped it to red when you handed it to your dad?

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    There are several sights available that have both red and green built in. Is it possible that it was on the green setting when you looked through it, but accidentally flipped it to red when you handed it to your dad?

Then I handles a TRS-25 and it was green. So I don't know. I was under florescent lightbulbs when I was looking at the sights. could that be affecting my vision? I saw all the reds and greens and stuff but then when I looked through the sight green until I turned the brightness down.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

the vortex strikefire has both. to me there is no noticabable advantage to either red or green.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    the vortex strikefire has both. to me there is no noticabable advantage to either red or green.

I have used some red/green reticles before. For me it seems like the green can wash out a bit against light background in bright light as compared to the red. That is for me though, so might depend on the level of color blindness (or lack there of) of the shooter.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    My only question is, are you sure it was a real Aimpoint M2?!

There are some forgeries that are very tough to tell apart...

I was the only one that saw the dot as green. I'm sure it was a real one. I check all of the signs that might be a indication that its fake.

Top Bottom