• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    So folks! I'm building my first AR (PSA lower, and 14.7" middy upper) I want to put a good red dot optic on it as well. I've got BUIS already. I have a lot of experience with the Trijicon ACOG from the M16A4 I rocked while I was in the Marine Corps. I wouldnt mind running a traditional ACOG, but i've recently been really interested in the Aimpoint M2,M3,M4/ Micro T-1, H-1 and the EoTech series like EXPS-3. What are all your thoughts and opinions?

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    Thanks for the quick reply! It seems to me that the Aimpoint H-1/T-1 is overwhelmingly better. Then I suppose my next question is which do I choose, and what are the real differences between the H1 and the T1? All I can see is that the T1 is NV compatible and the H1 is not. Am I wrong there , or what else am I missing?

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I use a 1-4 scope and while I admire the simplicity of an aimpoint, I think that my 1-4 offers much of that, with the benefit of magnification for longer shots as well.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    what are the real differences between the H1 and the T1? All I can see is that the T1 is NV compatible and the H1 is not. Am I wrong there , or what else am I missing?

Yes, T1 is NV compatible. H1 is not.
    T1 has a subdued "Aimpoint" logo. H1 is white lettering.
    The T1 has a deeper underwater rating.
    I can't remember if there is a finish difference or not (mvician?).

I think that my 1-4 offers much of that, with the benefit of magnification for longer shots as well.

I'm participating in a review tomorrow to test his very thing-- Aimpoint vs. 1-4. The review of that optic should be done sometime next week.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Thanks for the quick reply! It seems to me that the Aimpoint H-1/T-1 is overwhelmingly better. Then I suppose my next question is which do I choose, and what are the real differences between the H1 and the T1? All I can see is that the T1 is NV compatible and the H1 is not. Am I wrong there , or what else am I missing?

You may want go to a "brick and mortar" store before you make your final choice .

I also thought I wanted a micro Aimpoint then went to a store (Elmore's) and compared them to the PRO model .

The guy even mounted them up on a rifle for me to "try out" before I got out the wallet .

I decided that the PRO worked better for me and saved a few hundred dollars .

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Curious you liked about the PRO over the Micro? (price notwithstanding)

I am curious as well. When I was shopping around, I found t hat the the micro basically disappeared with both eyes open, While the pro was slightly more present. Though both are good optics.

dweezil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Fishers
    Continuously out of stock.
    Regarding Primary Arms...

Actually just got an email notification today that the Primary Arms micro red dot is back in stock (I requested notification 5 months ago). Placed my order as soon as I saw the email.:D

Last edited:

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I'm participating in a review tomorrow to test his very thing-- Aimpoint vs. 1-4. The review of that optic should be done sometime next week.

Looking forward to it, as I'm not even sure myself that the tradeoff in speed is worth the 4x mag for long shots.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    This will be interesting to read.

Looking forward to it, as I'm not even sure myself that the tradeoff in speed is worth the 4x mag for long shots.

I'll wait until the full report is published (we did lots of it on video), but suffice to say that some of my suspicions were confirmed, and some aspects I was totally wrong about.

What a great day. :yesway:

Top Bottom