• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prfgadget

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    S.W. Indiana
    Can anyone recommend where to find a replacement Bolt (need the complete assembly) for a "Savage/ Springfield Model 120 , single shot .22 ?

I have checked several places, but all show "OUT OF STOCK".

Tnx , John

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I have a single shot Springfield that I purchased for $75. I'm thinking maybe you can buy a complete rifle for about the cost of a replacement bolt for your rifle.

Just an alternative to your thought process......

Prfgadget

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    S.W. Indiana
    Thank you Squirt 239, will probably take me a while to work through that list,,some I have contacted already though.

Sloughfoot: I want to restore this one for sentimental reasons but if someone has a complete 120 that they would part with reasonably I wouldn't be adverse to buying one either,,I don't get to Gun Shows , haven't been to one in 40 years or so , Thanks for the thought .

Prfgadget

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    S.W. Indiana
    engineerpower: The bolt is missing , actually the extractor broke and I took it to a gunsmith for repair and he passed on before fixing it and his family could not find the bolt , long story.
    But bottom line is NO BOLT !

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Sounds like your gunsmith's business/estate owes you a new bolt.

Tell the new owner/operator of the business or executor of the estate that you need either:
    A) Your bolt
    B) A new bolt
    c) Fair market value of a bolt actually for sale

Last edited:

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Looks like Numrich may be able to hook you up. The Springfield Model 120 appears to be the same as the Model 15, and the bolt assy is listed as SPRINGFIELD 120, 125, 15, 15A, 15B, 15Y here: https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/103970.htm#103970A

Downside is that its just north of $100 and you can probably get a new rifle for that. The bolt assy lists at $70, so you may be able to sweet-talk the rep on the phone to give you all components as an assy and save $30. It's a negotiating point with the smith's business, though.

Ebay has one running $155 with 2 hours left right now. Also for comparison. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stevens-Sav...713302?pt=Vintage_Hunting&hash=item3a9178c156

Prfgadget

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    S.W. Indiana
    Thanks to ALL who have tried to help !
    But it looks like this is a dead duck , every place I have called either is out of stock, has pieces / parts only , or refers me to someone I've already called.
    Given the price of the gun on the used market (if you can find one) and the price of the replacement parts it looks like I'll just stick it back in the closet for now since it does not seem to be "cost efficient" to try and repair.

AGAIN*** THANK YOU ALL FOR TRYING TO HELP !

Top Bottom