• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    The most important thing is to be sure that she will shoot it, it doesnt matter how much any of us like a pistol, if she doesnt like it, she probably wont shoot it very much.
    I see quite a few recommendations for semi-auto 22s, but not a mention of a revolver. Ruger and Browning both make fine auto pistols in 22, but for a first time shooter, a revolver will be a bit less likely to have issues, and quite a bit more simple to operate.
    Have you looked at a single six? Smith&Wesson also makes fine, target worthy revolvers if you want to spend that much, and if price is a big deal, heritage arms makes a decent 22 single action with a plethora of options in finish and barrel length. Taurus even makes a few 22 revolvers that might catch her eye.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Just my two cents. I would go with a S&W revolver, not your cheapest option, but by far the simplest option. Smith makes a few very nice revolvers, no bells and whistles, they are fool-proof to shoot. No safety, no slide release, no magazine, no magazine release, just fill the cylinder, aim, pull the trigger.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just my two cents. I would go with a S&W revolver, not your cheapest option, but by far the simplest option. Smith makes a few very nice revolvers, no bells and whistles, they are fool-proof to shoot. No safety, no slide release, no magazine, no magazine release, just fill the cylinder, aim, pull the trigger.

Yes:rockwoot:If you choose a revolver route, S&W makes'em in both j and k-frame. I'm partial to the 617 myself.

Sgt Stoner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Fishers
    Surprisingly no one has said Beretta Neos! I love it and its the only handgun that my wife will shoot. Shes very small so the weight isnt an issue. I mounted a Tru Glo Red Dot on top that I picked up from Gander. She loves it!

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    By far the best selling right now is the GSG1911. It's not picky about ammo like the P22 or Mosquito. It also come pre-threaded. P22 would be my second choice.

jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    Smith&wesson 17 revolver or model 22 for a cheap but good semi-auto. Walther p22 is good but small. Browning Buckmark is great. ruger mark 2 and 3 are good but hard to clean. beretta neos suck. Ruger or browning is probably the most accurate. But costs more than the Smith 22.

SRNXD40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Boone co
    .22LR

i can tell you what not to get and that is a jemenez arms brand by far the worst gun i have had i have pics on profile..

dl1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    southern WI
    Is there much of a difference between the Ruger 22/45 & Mark III?

Mark III have steel frames.
    Ruger® MarkIII™ Rimfire Pistols

22/45 have polymer frames.
    Ruger® 22/45™ Rimfire Pistols

different magazines as well.

I really like my Mark II and use it in a bulls eye league. I also have a P22. I use both when introducing people to shooting. Not everyone likes a pistol for the same reason so it is nice to have a variety.

Whichever pistol she enjoys to shoot is the one to get.

blitzen25cat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    south east indiana
    When I got my GSG1911 she couldn't wait to shoot it. But likes her Colt match target woodsman better and lets me shoot it. Seriously let her pick what she feels is right for her.:twocents:

Jeremy05

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Greenwood
    So we finally decided & purchased a gun. We bought the Browning Buck Mark Standard Stainless URX. The gun seemed to fit my wife's & my hands well. I can not wait to get to the range to test it out. Thanks for all the help & suggestions. See pictures below.

Buck%20Mark_2.JPG
    Buck%20Mark_1.JPG

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Beautiful two-tone look to that Buck Mark. Congratulations! Please post your impressions / experiences with the gun once you've made it out to the range a couple times.

Top Bottom