• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    OP said "if there is a less expensive way". While full service gunsmith is a great way to go it does not meet that criteria. It also does not allow someone to develop their own skills and be more involved in their hobby.

I have a friend who is full service gunsmith, licensed to manufacture, he does great work and I'm not averse to using his services yet I still like to do it myself sometimes.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thor, I was answering a question posed by WebSnyper. I cannot offer my services on this forum due to the fact I am not an advertiser.

Yep, that was me who asked. I knew you did this type of work, and thought it was fair to make the OP aware.

OP said "if there is a less expensive way". While full service gunsmith is a great way to go it does not meet that criteria. It also does not allow someone to develop their own skills and be more involved in their hobby.

I have a friend who is full service gunsmith, licensed to manufacture, he does great work and I'm not averse to using his services yet I still like to do it myself sometimes.

And sometimes, having someone do it right the first time is worth it. Not sure on Squirt's rates, but I know Allen's was good when I had a couple of slides/barrels done, and both of them are local which makes the whole thing a lot easier as well.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    Had a beat up Makarov in dire need of refinishing. Didn't feel like spending a lot of money so I tried Brownell's "Classic American Rust Bluing Solution".
    A pretty simple process, but time consuming, and proper preparation is a must.

Don't have "before" pics, but here's how it turned out(first ever attempt at this) View attachment 39912 View attachment 39913

Top Bottom