• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Have you been able to find primers for it?
    I have a few thousand APS primers I bought years ago, but it’s always been cheaper to buy standard primers (ignoring the current shortage) and very easy to just use the APS primer loading tool that came with the press to insert 25 loose primers at a time into one of the APS plastic strips that then gets inserted into the press for use. I think RCBS still sells those primer loading tools, although you might have to look around a bit to find one.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I have a few thousand APS primers I bought years ago, but it’s always been cheaper to buy standard primers (ignoring the current shortage) and very easy to just use the APS primer loading tool that came with the press to insert 25 loose primers at a time into one of the APS plastic strips that then gets inserted into the press for use.
    I picked up a bunch of primers, yesterday, and there are several thousand standard and Magnum large rifle primers on these APS strips (CCI)

I had never heard of them. I was just going to remove them from the strips and use them.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I picked up a bunch of primers, yesterday, and there are several thousand standard and Magnum large rifle primers on these APS strips (CCI)

I had never heard of them. I was just going to remove them from the strips and use them.
    Yep, they’ll work fine with a standard system. Just don’t pound them out with a hammer and punch!

Top Bottom