RareBreed FRT trigger declared a machinegun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In regards to the question, did he get ATF approval? He didn’t, but Tac Con did when they released the 3MR in 2013. 3MR stands for third mode reset.

He included the ATFs letter to Tac Con in his complaint. The triggers do the same thing. They reset themselves. The 3MR trigger has been in the market for almost 8 years.
    Seems like 3MR paid the right people.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Here is the complaint he filed against the DOJ, and the ATF. It’s a long read, but it will answer most questions.

So, what's the chances that one or more of these "experts" was still working for the ATF when they pulled the same stunt on bump fire stocks?

Bump fire stocks were approved by the ATF and re-examined, twice I believe, and found to be compliant but we see what happened to them in the end.

What will be different with this case?

I wish them the best with this but I hope if they succeed in their cause, that the bump stocks get the same reversal. They absolutely do not meet the definition of a machinegun.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So, what's the chances that one or more of these "experts" was still working for the ATF when they pulled the same stunt on bump fire stocks?

Bump fire stocks were approved by the ATF and re-examined, twice I believe, and found to be compliant but we see what happened to them in the end.

What will be different with this case?

I wish them the best with this but I hope if they succeed in their cause, that the bump stocks get the same reversal. They absolutely do not meet the definition of a machinegun.
    Didn't the whole bumpstock ban get overruled?

Though it is still on the ATF site so maybe not?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Didn't the whole bumpstock ban get overruled?

Though it is still on the ATF site so maybe not?

The 6th circuit granted a petition by the feds to vacate the decision and rehear the case en banc. Not sure when it will be heard/decided.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I've never bothered to attend a gun show, but the freedom boner from that video may prompt me to find one with a bit of cash in my pocket...

The irony in statement isn't lost on me, but I'll let RB fight the legal case for me.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    I've never bothered to attend a gun show, but the freedom boner from that video may prompt me to find one with a bit of cash in my pocket...

The irony in statement isn't lost on me, but I'll let RB fight the legal case for me.
    Just order one from their site

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    Nooooo... I'm not going to volunteer to put myself in the middle of that mess with "records". Like I said, I'll happily pay them to fight for me.
    Ehh beta move. If you want no records and to be a rebel, fire up your drill press, and hide it for the rest of your life.
    Or you could buy from them, fund their legal defense, and be a sigma swinging your junk for the world to see.
    Just my two cents, but I never understood holding the thoughts "I don't want to be on a list" and "shall not be infringed" simultaneously.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    Give it some time...coat hangars will make the NFA list.

e5edfdee275a61b860f36c4cd11928c4.jpg

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Ehh beta move. If you want no records and to be a rebel, fire up your drill press, and hide it for the rest of your life.
    Or you could buy from them, fund their legal defense, and be a sigma swinging your junk for the world to see.
    Just my two cents, but I never understood holding the thoughts "I don't want to be on a list" and "shall not be infringed" simultaneously.

1Bby.gif

You're gonna need a time machine to go pimp slap the guys that started that fire about 90 years ago, but I'm sure as hell not gonna be the one man that is going to rise up and put it out and you can believe me that you don't want me leading that charge. If you're the super alpha that is ready rise up and lead the way, you can start any time now.

I know my place in the machine, and right now it's old fat guy who doesn't like no-knock raids and is capable of spending $400 on a trigger pack to support guys to take the fight to the courts for him.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Because option A will likely never be an issue, unless you make it one.
    Option B, unless you're worth millions and millions of dollars with a legal team ready to roll, is a death sentence.

Once the feds are at your door, you've lost the fight.
    RBT sounds like they've had this planned for a very long time since their address is a law office... lol.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    FEED1560-C71E-4109-B1CE-D22E532F87F6.png AE376712-0329-43D6-82B9-2C58BF35DCE2.png
    Don't worry everyone, Rarebreed is fighting their legal battle and BDU took the opportunity to seemingly infringe on their patent. There's is cast instead of machined/EDMd. It's $30 cheaper, $80 if you pay their subscription. And they proudly boast "Available for a limited time" at the top of the page.
    Seems like someone is trying to capitalize off of RB being busy with the Feds to turn a quick buck.

Top Bottom