• Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Went to the range today with my son. We had the following:

Hi-Point .40
    Glock 21 .45ACP
    KelTeck KSG
    20 year old Winchester 1300 Defender Wood stock.
    4-26 round KCI magazines for the Glock
    2-30 round KRISS magazines for the Glock
    6 rounds of .50 BMG – 12 gauge sabot
    30 rounds Winchester rifled slugs.

First, the obvious. The Hi-Point has an occasional trigger linkage malfunction. It has to go back to Hi-Point for repair. 15 rounds and we gave up. Nice gun when it fired.

Glock 21. The two factory 13 round magazines worked perfectly. The two KRISS 30 round magazines also worked perfectly. Of the 4 Korean made KCI magazines, two worked perfectly, one had a stovepipe failure, and one had an unusual "failure" in that when the last round was fired, the gun did not lock in the open position, but the magazine did fall out of the gun! :ugh:

The .50BMG Sabot rounds fired with much less kick from the Winchester than I expected, and traveled downrange with more accuracy than I expected. Only one round keyholed at 50 yards. These rounds were only fired from the Winchester.

The KSG drew a lot of attention. It fired well, but I do need to add better sights to it as it was difficult to aim accurately. It kicks like a mule since it is so light. 14 rounds were fired from the KSG and that is all my arm could take. There was one failure to cycle, which I believe was caused by the selector switch being bumped out of position, and one failure to load, which is cause by short cycling. Both being operator error. A front grip can be attached to the lower front rail and I highly recommend it. I would add high sights and no optics at all to this due to the kick it gives.

The Winchester finshed off the slugs, and it worked like a champ. It was my very first long gun and I take care of it.

:ar15:

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I also have a ksg (actually 2) and they do draw a lot of attention. Whats funny is everyone wants to shoot it and after two shots are done. Just like the 50 Desert Eagle. I wouldn't waste your time on adding sights. Do to the crazy kick and with my Eotech on it I still can't hit crap after the first round it takes a second to really get it back in position, and clearly this isn't the gun for hunting or skeet. I figure they were really made for close quarter use and there for don't need a sight. I keep my loaded for home defense. I know there has been lots of debate about best gun for this use but it is the shortes and highest capacity I know of. I keep one tube filled with slugs and one with buck shot. I keep the selector on buck shot. My logic is even in the middle of the night I could hit an entruder with that and then with the flip of the selector I could use slugs if needed.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Went to the range today with my son. We had the following:

Hi-Point .40
    Glock 21 .45ACP
    KelTeck KSG
    20 year old Winchester 1300 Defender Wood stock.
    4-26 round KCI magazines for the Glock
    2-30 round KRISS magazines for the Glock
    6 rounds of .50 BMG – 12 gauge sabot
    30 rounds Winchester rifled slugs.

First, the obvious. The Hi-Point has an occasional trigger linkage malfunction. It has to go back to Hi-Point for repair. 15 rounds and we gave up. Nice gun when it fired.

Glock 21. The two factory 13 round magazines worked perfectly. The two KRISS 30 round magazines also worked perfectly. Of the 4 Korean made KCI magazines, two worked perfectly, one had a stovepipe failure, and one had an unusual "failure" in that when the last round was fired, the gun did not lock in the open position, but the magazine did fall out of the gun! :ugh:

The .50BMG Sabot rounds fired with much less kick from the Winchester than I expected, and traveled downrange with more accuracy than I expected. Only one round keyholed at 50 yards. These rounds were only fired from the Winchester.

The KSG drew a lot of attention. It fired well, but I do need to add better sights to it as it was difficult to aim accurately. It kicks like a mule since it is so light. 14 rounds were fired from the KSG and that is all my arm could take. There was one failure to cycle, which I believe was caused by the selector switch being bumped out of position, and one failure to load, which is cause by short cycling. Both being operator error. A front grip can be attached to the lower front rail and I highly recommend it. I would add high sights and no optics at all to this due to the kick it gives.

The Winchester finshed off the slugs, and it worked like a champ. It was my very first long gun and I take care of it.

:ar15:

They make KCI G21 mags?

Top Bottom