• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Went to Blythe's yesterday with my brother in law, out target shooting with my new G19 and the .357 :D 2nd time shooting the .357 and 2nd time out officially shooting target practice with the G19. All of these were shot at 21 feet.

9mm
    30 rounds of slower shooting. Trying to regain the feel of it.

9mm30shots.jpg

9mm
    My SD ammo Winchester Bonded PDX1 147 Gr. 9mm. Just making sure it would feed properly. Performed flawlessly. This was semi fast about 1 second intervals.

SDammo20shotssemiquick.jpg

Took some of my .357 reloads, all slow shooting trying to get the tightest groups possible. 2nd time shooting this gun. I had one bogey that I anticipated the recoil, still hit him though in the lower abdomen.

35736shots.jpg

9mm
    fast shooting sub 1 second between shots with a few double taps in there

9mm26shotsquick.jpg

Overall I'm happy with the results. I did notice with the .357 that I am consistently hitting a little right to my point of aim. I have seen a graph and it says this means I am using too little trigger finger (I'm a lefty so I have to reverse it). What exactly does too little trigger finger mean?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I dont know how much that matters... if you are pulling the trigger straight to the rear then it shouldnt matter because you have to apply enough pressure to pull the trigger regarless.... try placing ONLY the pad of your finger on the trigger and concentrate on a gentle sqeeze and not moving the gun as the sear releases firing the gun.... as far as too little trigger finger, maybe you are holding the trigger with to little of your finger and it is pushing the gun to the side?

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    I talked to my dad about it, the .357 is his gun and he is right handed and right eye dominant. It has an adjustable rear sight. Do you think this could be the reason it is shooting to the right? Because as you can see with my Glock, mainly from the first picture, I seemed to be pretty close to where I was aiming. I wish I could go out there again today and be as accurate with my shots with my G19, instead of shooting somewhat fast, and see if I do the same thing. I love this sport! :D

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Ooo and thanks I have been around shooting for a while, (shotguns and rifles) but now I'm really starting to get into pistols. Thanks for the advise too

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I talked to my dad about it, the .357 is his gun and he is right handed and right eye dominant. It has an adjustable rear sight. Do you think this could be the reason it is shooting to the right? Because as you can see with my Glock, mainly from the first picture, I seemed to be pretty close to where I was aiming. I wish I could go out there again today and be as accurate with my shots with my G19, instead of shooting somewhat fast, and see if I do the same thing. I love this sport! :D

LOVE the Ruger Security Six!! I've had mine since I was 19 yrs old and that was 32 yrs ago. OK! Put your calculators away!!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I had a Ruger Security-Six with a 2.75" barrel...traded it...boy I was stupid! It was a great little gun!!!

Keep working with it...try shooting it single-handed as well as two-fisted grip. You might see a change in shooting pattern with just one hand.

I recently purchased a Ruger GP100 4" with a fixed sight...it has the smaller grip, which is a great fit as I have small hands! I am absolutely LOVING it!!!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I had a Ruger Security-Six with a 2.75" barrel...traded it...boy I was stupid! It was a great little gun!!!

Keep working with it...try shooting it single-handed as well as two-fisted grip. You might see a change in shooting pattern with just one hand.

I recently purchased a Ruger GP100 4" with a fixed sight...it has the smaller grip, which is a great fit as I have small hands! I am absolutely LOVING it!!!

Wanna hear stupid? Years ago, I had a Police Service Six, stainless steel, factory rubber grips, 3" barrel. Not 2 3/4", 3". One of only a few that made their way to the general public. IIRC, they were made for the USPS Postal Inspectors. What an awesome gun. Decided I just had to have a semi-auto of some sort or other. Delta Alpha!

Top Bottom