• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I have a friend who has a friend that works at St. Elmo's. Supposedly Randy Moss and Jim Irsay were meeting in a private room until early this morning. At the conclusion of their meeting they they ordered a round of (celebratory?) drinks?

Anyone else heard the rumor of Moss coming to Indy?

Last edited:

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    This guy was amazing in his prime. However, he is a clown with no work ethic. His mental deficiencies have held him back and mostly ended his career. I cant imagine seeing him in a colts jersey.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    If true, it doesn't really excite me. As noted above, he is past his prime and has become a head case of sorts. Still has some talent though and could def contribute if he and when he decides to give 100%.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    This guy was amazing in his prime. However, he is a clown with no work ethic. His mental deficiencies have held him back and mostly ended his career. I cant imagine seeing him in a colts jersey.

If true, it doesn't really excite me. As noted above, he is past his prime and has become a head case of sorts. Still has some talent though and could def contribute if he and when he decides to give 100%.

While I would tend to agree with this, I wonder if as he's gotten older perhaps he has come to realize he'd like to get another Superbowl ring and maybe he's willing to put in the work to have the chance to catch balls from Peyton.

I think WR is going to be one of our weak points ( along with the defensive backfield ) if we don't get a solid target who can stay healthy for Peyton to throw to.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    IF he behaves himself and decides to be a team player, I think he could help stretch the field for guys like Dallas Clark underneath. I don't think they should take the chance on him though.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    If Moss does in fact land in Indianapolis, and we can pick him up for cheap,...and he is motivated to play the game, he will help out the offense greatly. If one or more of those things dont happen, he will do what he did last year and play as a 4th receiver and run routes that are meant to disguise other receivers routes.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    IF he behaves himself and decides to be a team player, I think he could help stretch the field for guys like Dallas Clark underneath. I don't think they should take the chance on him though.

For that purpose, I'd say let's welcome him with open arms. If he doesn't perform, it's not like we'd be missing much anyway, would it? And on the assumption that even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then, he just might prove useful.

On the other hand, he'd probably suffer a career-ending injury in the second game of the season anyway.

mmorris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    If this is true, I would think Randy would understand the Colts would be is last chance to play with a decent team. The Colts have plenty of WR's but, 2 (starters) have been injured most of last season, so it could be just a plan B

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Past HIS prime lands him in elite wr territory. I do not like some of the things the guy has done on and off the field, but to say you wouldn't want randy moss the football player wearing your teams jersey is crazy. He has been a deep threat during his 13 year career not an over the middle guy taking punishment. I would wager that he can still run a high 4.3x 40 and I'm pretty sure he hasn't lost a few inches of height either. I say bring him abord and sit him down with Manning and explain how the Indianapolis Colts do business.

NickJ

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I think he hasn't had much motivation the last two years. I'm pretty sure that he will LOVE having Peyton throw him some hail marys. We will see...he still has a beastly record, and is an AMAZING athlete!!!

And at least he wouldn't have a douche-bag coach...I think you guys know who I'm talkin about :D

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I do not like some of the things the guy has done on and off the field, but to say you wouldn't want randy moss the football player wearing your teams jersey is crazy..

Call me crazy then

The guy is a headcase and has had multiple games without a reception leading up to this season. It's disgusting to watch him loaf on the outside when he knows the ball isn't coming his way. Manning spreads it around way too much to keep Moss interested and engaged :noway:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I think he hasn't had much motivation the last two years. I'm pretty sure that he will LOVE having Peyton throw him some hail marys. We will see...he still has a beastly record, and is an AMAZING athlete!!!

And at least he wouldn't have a douche-bag coach...I think you guys know who I'm talkin about :D

I thought Bob Knight coached basketball, and college level at that.

Call me crazy then

The guy is a headcase and has had multiple games without a reception leading up to this season. It's disgusting to watch him loaf on the outside when he knows the ball isn't coming his way. Manning spreads it around way too much to keep Moss interested and engaged :noway:

Not having a reception in itself doesn't really bother me all that much. Marvin Harrison's reception numbers dropped off toward the end IIRC (with the mahvelous uptick in the glorious 2006 season). Coverage was tight, and often double, the latter almost always leaving someone else open. It's still a valuable role if his presence means more receptions/yardage/TDs, even if he isn't the one making them.

The other way to look at receptions is in comparison to how many balls were actually thrown his way. Getting a toss 5-10 times a game with a zero catch rate is just bloody awful. But not catching the one or two that might have come his way? Or not having any thrown at him at all. There's more to the story than simply his number of receptions.

Now, the rest of the stuff about Moss specifically I agree with. I always thought he was a prima donna just waiting to bust out of those pads. Not as bad as some, for sure, but not nearly as good as others either.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Past HIS prime lands him in elite wr territory. I do not like some of the things the guy has done on and off the field, but to say you wouldn't want randy moss the football player wearing your teams jersey is crazy. He has been a deep threat during his 13 year career not an over the middle guy taking punishment. I would wager that he can still run a high 4.3x 40 and I'm pretty sure he hasn't lost a few inches of height either. I say bring him abord and sit him down with Manning and explain how the Indianapolis Colts do business.

I have to absolutely agree with every word of this post.

Moss could actually be in search of a "play-off scenario".. and I can't imagine that Peyton wouldn't welcome his talent. I think he would be a big plus for the air game. Just my :twocents:......

Top Bottom