• ...and so much more!
  • J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Change Vivek to Trump and it fits 2016

Disagree. Trump said things that I didn't agree with and he was much more brash than Vivek is. I heavily favored Trump for overall results and success for the country as a whole. I wasn't evaluating Trump as a candidate for a roommate.

As far as putting America (and Americans) at the top of his priorities no one comes close to President Trump. No one.

You will probably disagree completely. You will probably think I'm all Alex Jones. You will probably think that there is zero chance of anything duplicitous going on.

Vivek is literally 100% on the money for saying everything right in a way that is much more palatable to those with delicate sensibilities. It's almost like people studied why Trump is so popular, and what makes him unpopular, then coached someone to be that person.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Don’t forget Vivek won the last debate because he thinks Trump is great.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What Vivek did in the past may, or may not, be an indication of what he is today.

I stand by what I said previously. Vivek is saying ALL of the right things and calling out the other politicians. On top of this he is continually being given coverage by mainstream media.

This is incredibly suspicious to me. I hope I am wrong and he is 100% legit but 2 old saying come to mind:

• If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
    • If there is any doubt, there is no doubt.

The investing company he founded was founded directly to fight back against DEI and ESG scores.

I'd say he has been practicing what he preaches long before he entered the political arena.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So we hate him because he isn't Trump, but a little less than we hate the others?
    Trump said when giving a critique of the debate that Vivek won because he thinks Trump is great. That's why he hasn't garnered a nickname.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump said when giving a critique of the debate that Vivek won because he thinks Trump is great. That's why he hasn't garnered a nickname.
    Just a thought stream here... I think Vivek has had his eye on politics for a bit. He has the tongue for it.

Trump once said he could have entered the race as either a Republican or Democrat. I don't recall the context so I'll not judge that here. But the point is, someone who is more pragmatic, who wants to break into politics, will pick the side which they think might bring them the most success. They learn to talk the language of the side, though "two corrinthians..." shows not always with precision. Vivek is much more precise in his AF speak.

I don't think they don't believe any of what they're saying. I suspect both Trump and Ramaswamy really are, essentially America-First. But most conservatives were still kinda on the neocon bandwagon, which is not America First. I remember just a few years ago when I say "neocon" many Ingoers would push back and say, "what's that" which was another way of saying they don't accept the term. I think now, mostly because of Trump, a lot of neocons have transitioned to America First. And not because they were never America First, but they didn't know what it was. Trump gave us the language to internalize what we are.

I think both Trump and Vivek chose the R party because it is a shorter journey to America First than D's. I generally think they're both America First. But I think most of Vivek's rhetoric, much like Trump's in 2015, is designed to gain acceptance among people who lean Republican/conservative, because they're most likely to be America First.

For example, Vivek tries to talk in vague religious language that Christians would recognize, but while glossing over the fact that as a Hindu, he may recognize the godhood of the God of Abraham. But he does not believe the way Jews and Christians believe. And as a non-religious person, that doesn't really matter to me other than like Trump, Vivek is trying to play the part of the demographic group he's trying to appeal to. All I care about is whether he really is AF or is just pretending to be to break into politics.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Trump is a proven AF commodity. Vivek talks the talk sure but Trump has walked the AF talk. As long as Trump is in the race he is a proven AF commodity and Vivek's talk will never be able to overcome that.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What Vivek did in the past may, or may not, be an indication of what he is today.

I stand by what I said previously. Vivek is saying ALL of the right things and calling out the other politicians. On top of this he is continually being given coverage by mainstream media.

This is incredibly suspicious to me. I hope I am wrong and he is 100% legit but 2 old saying come to mind:

• If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
    • If there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
    To which I would add 'If you can't tell who the patsy is in any deal, it's probably you'

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Sometimes You don’t ever read my posts completely, do you? Either that, or you tried to block me, but it only partially worked, Kinda like Jeff Goldblum in "The Fly".
    Did I miss something exculpatory in the last few words of the post where you labeled SM a Putin-lover?

Well, according to you I'm a 'Putin-lover' too, so just add this to the list of my other 'sins'

Edit: I have never blocked anyone, ever, and am not about to start now. Only cowards and under cover feds do that sort of chicken-**** stuff

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So we hate him because he isn't Trump, but a little less than we hate the others?
    I can only speak for myself, but I don't hate him I just don't exactly trust him, either

It is easy to glibly promise to end five superfluous cabinet level departments, and it is the sort of thing to appeal to the audience he is trying to reach, but he's a little short on any details. again, the same thing could have been said about Trump in '16 and those of us who supported him did have to make a leap of faith - but Trump was a one-off then, a politician like no other such that there was no less abrasive, less brash choice in the same lane. If we wanted the policies he promised he was the only choice, no one else was backing the policies that he was

Now, people have had a chance to see that that pathway worked to a certain extent and some have decided to cloak themselves in the appearance of AF and some are intent on carrying that torch. The jury is still out on Vivek

That said, I want someone who will take an axe to the deep state not someone who will tweak its edge conditions. If for some reason Trump falters, Vivek might still be my second choice; but he is such a distant second that I feel no need to try to make such a choice at this time. Of the only two candidates other than Trump I would consider, I think Vivek the more likely to attempt wholesale change of the system if he is on the up and up, but both he and Ron will have to **** it if Trump goes third party

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    To which I would add 'If you can't tell who the patsy is in any deal, it's probably you'

Ummm.... I'm not running for president. How can I be the patsy?

That doesn't make any sense. :scratch:

I'm also not claiming he's a patsy. What I am saying is it's prudent to believe with caution.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ummm.... I'm not running for president. How can I be the patsy?
    If you accept him at his word, get behind and support him, and he turns out to be a fraud (or the anti-Christ)

pat·sy
    nounINFORMAL

a person who is easily taken advantage of, especially by being cheated or blamed for something.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It doesn't look like there is a scenario where Trump doesn't win the nomination, other than being dead or incapacitated.
    Wouldn't you say there's a non-zero chance of Trump getting dead if they can't stop him any other way

You know, he stops breathing overnight on a hunting trip to Texas or something

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    If you accept him at his word, get behind and support him, and he turns out to be a fraud (or the anti-Christ)

pat·sy
    nounINFORMAL

a person who is easily taken advantage of, especially by being cheated or blamed for something.

I know what a patsy is. :n00b:

That saying usually applies to a deal that you are involved in. I didn't realize you meant "you" in a general sense.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Wouldn't you say there's a non-zero chance of Trump getting dead if they can't stop him any other way

You know, he stops breathing overnight on a hunting trip to Texas or something
    Yes.

There is also the pure age related chance, plus the danger from whatever vax he got.

Top Bottom