• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I went yesterday and picked up a couple INGO hats from Lovemywoods.
    Bought a Vortex scope mount from Alan.
    Talked to several people from Elkhart and Goshen that had booths setup.
    Bought some instant bluing from a guy, but it didn't work on the sights that AllenM trimmed for me today after the 1911 class today.

It was the first 1500 show that I was able to get to in many years. The crowd was pretty small when I was there around 2:30 till 6:00 on Friday. No crop dusting and Friday must have been shower day because the only smells that jumped out to me was the food area and the guy cooking the cashews.

DeanSports

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Columbus
    This was my first 1500. Did some research before I went and saw it would be *********s and elbows and stank. But wasn't too bad when I was there I didn't think. I liked it. I was a bit disappointing to not see better deals. Used guns going for almost new prices. Upper receivers going for high prices as well.

Really just went to check things out but was actually wanting to see if I could get a hold of a few Mosin Nagants but didn't see any, possibly sold out by the time I got there.

I was very impressed with the selection. I also liked how the vendors were willing to work on the prices. But I am more of a sticker price person. If I don't like the price I tend to walk away.

Overall it was a good experience. I might get a booth in January.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    By far the lamest effn thing I've done in ALONG time!! I havent been to this show in 15 yrs. A bunch of stupid BS

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    It was my first 1500 in a bit and it was ok but not great. The usual deal of a lot of junk with some decent stuff mixed in. I did get a knife from Brad and some fudge which was the highlight of my day. That being said, I forgot how much BS is thrown around at a gun show. I actually heard a dealer try to sell an H&K pistol to a guy with the line "its made in Germany so you know it's going to be a tough s.o.b" The guy looking was just eating it up

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I got a couple good deals. Alan had those Vortex 1x prism scopes clearanced (great for eyes w/ astigmatism) & one table had a guy buy a GP100 then turn around and trade it in without shooting it. It got set out on the table today & I snagged it. It was new in the box for less than most of beat up GP100.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I brought a friend from Michigan and to him the show was awesome but I knew compared to the past it sucked. He wanted a Dillon 650 but unfortunately Bobcat had run out of 9mm units and conversions but it was good to know he was moving some inventory. After that he wanted some Glock parts and of course the people that are always there with the Glock parts booths weren't at the show. If you actually want to buy new guns the 1500 is just not the same without Midwest and PSS being there. At least ZX is still coming. I also noticed IGC wasn't there, there prices are usually higher but have good handgun inventory, especially higher end stuff. The same old smaller dealers were there with the same inventory they always bring, maybe some day they'll actually want to sell somthing and put out realistic prices instead of wanting to get rich off one sale. Does the guy with the fully engraved S&W's and Colt's ever actually sell anything?

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I noticed a couple vendors with magpul AR mags still priced at January 2013 prices which was soon after Newtown. One vendor had a box of AR mags priced at $30 each and the vendor right next to him had a stack of them for $10 apiece. If you're going to bring it, at least price it where it might sell and not 3 times market rate.

Matt

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I brought a friend from Michigan and to him the show was awesome but I knew compared to the past it sucked. He wanted a Dillon 650 but unfortunately Bobcat had run out of 9mm units and conversions

Sorry we ran out on that stuff for you guys. We've got another shipment coming in here soon. Shipping to your buddy in Michigan will likely be cheaper than the tax he would have paid here at the show, fyi.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I've been generally disappointed in the 1500's lately due to there being fewer FFLs with many tables of handguns (seems like Plainfield Shooting Supplies and Midwest Gun Exchange have given up the 1500 for good). But it's still fun. Where else can you just walk around and see that much?

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I bought an used Larue Aimpoint QD mount for $65, and that made my trip. also picked up 10 50cal ammo cans and 5k primers.

Powder prices are still higher than IN Gun Club's everyday price so I skipped.

I'm glad I bought bunch of brass at the Aug show, prices have gone up.

Tried to find a Harris bipod but all I saw were chinese.

Buddy of mine picked up 1k AK ammo for $235.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Great show. Power walked it in under 2 hours.

Bought a bunch of projectiles for winter reloading and a Spike's AR-15 lower for $90.

Buy your lowers now, boys.

Powder prices are still higher than IN Gun Club's everyday price so I skipped.

It was $20 a pound, but more importantly, it was widely available!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Man, there were some people there that don't believe in showering. Whew.

Well, welcome to the gun culture. I try to set a good example by cleaning myself throughly, a hair cut, proper shaving, dental care, not wearing jeans, inter alia. It's model behavior and maybe some of them to pick up on it.

I just wish they would stop putting their beer cans in the clearing barrels. It is bad enough that they are walking around with booze on their breath (always fun to talk to a dealer who smells like a distillery), but, man, guys, it makes us look so bad when you stick your beer cans in the clearing barrel.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I noticed a couple vendors with magpul AR mags still priced at January 2013 prices which was soon after Newtown. One vendor had a box of AR mags priced at $30 each and the vendor right next to him had a stack of them for $10 apiece. If you're going to bring it, at least price it where it might sell and not 3 times market rate.

Matt

I saw one table, where their primers, were marked $49.99, and walked to the other side, and found them for $29.95, I think, but when I went back they had torn off, all their price tags ..... I didn't bother to ask a price .....

Top Bottom