• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Saw spikes for 89.99....A no-name lower that looked REALLY nice from Salem or somewhere for 73...and Anderson for 60. That's what I saw. The Salem one had different machining on it and I really liked how they had sculpted the outside of it. Wasn't 'normal'.

Was shocked how much a 80% lower goes for.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Saw spikes for 89.99....A no-name lower that looked REALLY nice from Salem or somewhere for 73...and Anderson for 60. That's what I saw. The Salem one had different machining on it and I really liked how they had sculpted the outside of it. Wasn't 'normal'.

Was shocked how much a 80% lower goes for.

The one from Salem I think is from Recoil Gun Works and it's a billet lower receiver. That's pretty cheap and I provided a link if it's the one for $73. I bought one of their complete lowers at the last 1500 and liked it so much I am coming back and thinking of getting another. Their lower is usually $120.

Unless there's another LGS in Salem, I'm pretty sure this is it: https://www.recoilgunworks.com/recoil-gunworks-rg15-stripped-billet-lower-receiver-blem-p-29641.html

If it's not them, then I stand corrected; however, check them out since they are a good company.

Buzz Saw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    Southeast IN
    Just got home from the show. Picked up 8 lbs of Unique and 5000 primers along with a couple 1911 magazines. Thought the crowd wasn't bad to deal with. It was good to see a couple of vendors that I've dealt with in the past, Jeff Stoner of Stoner Holsters especially. I enjoyed myself.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    The one from Salem I think is from Recoil Gun Works and it's a billet lower receiver. That's pretty cheap and I provided a link if it's the one for $73. I bought one of their complete lowers at the last 1500 and liked it so much I am coming back and thinking of getting another. Their lower is usually $120.

Unless there's another LGS in Salem, I'm pretty sure this is it: https://www.recoilgunworks.com/recoil-gunworks-rg15-stripped-billet-lower-receiver-blem-p-29641.html

If it's not them, then I stand corrected; however, check them out since they are a good company.

Yep, That's them. Their lowers looked very nice....am looking to maybe build a .300 BLK rifle in the future...but decided to skipit right now. Probably get the urge about the time the next panic is going on.

Anderson lowers, the lettering just looks so cheap...the Recoil ones looked very nice.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    On a side note...bought 2 XD 9 mm magazines in case I want to compete next year in anything and just checked. I actually got a decent deal at 30 ea...cheaper than XD store with shipping. Probably other places to buy it cheaper....but overall...happy I didn't get screwed. It was nice to be able to say 'I'm going back to that table' and not have to fight your way through the crowd to get back to it.

draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    I'll be heading to the show looking for a HK P30SK. We're there many tables selling handguns? October shows are usually pretty good size. The last one in August didn't have much.

Rocdenindy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indy
    I thought that with it being hunting season that it would be a lot busier and more vendors but it wasn't. I didn't really see any deals on firearms. Mostly the same prices or higher I can find locally. .22LR ammo still go for stupid prices. Saw a couple deals on steel ammo but not enough to jump on. Thing that stuck out the most to me is people selling Mosins for $250. Just regular Mosins, not hex, not with all the accessories, just the rifle. I know the old days of being able to buy them for $100 are long gone but for crying out loud.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Stopping by tomorrow for a walk through. I need some .45 social ammo and my rug collection seems to bleed away. Probably get a few cheap ones.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    This is the first time in years I haven't been able to get there on Friday afternoon. Planning on getting there about 3:30 today. Nothing specific this trip but always like just walking around and looking. Got to get the usual fare though. Cashews, chocolate covered raisins and jerky.
    If I can find some heavier .224 bullets at a good price, I'll grab a few hundred.

Matt

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Went and saw Bobcat steel finally, ****-chatted a little...picked me up a few pounds of powder and some steel then my budget was blown.

My 3mo old son went his first gun show yesterday too!

I did enjoy seeing tandy leather there, and apparently I WAAAAAY underpaid for my hi-power.

Who was the guy selling the sharpening stones in the corner of the main room?...Ive needed one but always run out of money before I get to him.

A real good show minus the admission price.

God bless
    -Shred

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    reporting live from the show, as of 1100 it's not too crowded, prices are all right but I did score a deal on used gi ar magazines.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Was looking for a new 1911. Disappointed that ITP wasn't there as they usually have the best selection. Found a good deal on a TRP. Found a better deal on a Les Baer Thunder Ranch.

IMG_1726_zpsa5aghccn.jpg

Top Bottom