• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    I spent the day there with my hubby yesterday and we stopped or strolled slowly past every booth. Found a few "accessories" including a good belt for me. But we both found it a bit disappointing. Maybe next time.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    This was the first time I saw Ramshot Tac at the show since before Newtown. Three different vendors had 1lb and 8lb jugs. I still have plenty but it was nice to see.

Matt

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    This was the first time I saw Ramshot Tac at the show since before Newtown. Three different vendors had 1lb and 8lb jugs. I still have plenty but it was nice to see.

Matt

We've had in stock for the better part of a year, fyi. Let me know when you need some more. Still have about 60 lbs in stock at the moment.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Great day at the show! My son and I decided to venture to the show after hearing how light the crows were. Nothing really special in mind to buy, but ended up with a full backpack of misc. stuff and an AR upper... The best thing for me is watching my boy look at all the guns, knives, parts, and ammo. He would stay there for 12 hours if he could. Never disapointed at the 1500.

One disappointing thing were the people smells. Man, take a shower here and there.... Give the rest of us a break.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Went back today and saw some good deals on shields. Many tables had them for $339. I think the cheapest I've seen them locally is 379.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    35 years ago, gun shows were always a place of rare items, discount priced supplies and an assortment of cheapely priced surplus items. Since internet shopping was not around, that was a viable way to get what you needed. Lately it seems to be pretty much retail prices, common or undesireable items, and overpriced commercial and military surplus. You have to do a lot more scouting these days, and with the internet, it is just as easy to buy on line.

Even at that, I still go to a few shows, mostly to visit with friends, get raffle tickets from the Marine Corp League, and various gun or hunting clubs. I might pick up some powder or primers to avoid HAZ MAT fees. Mostly I go be cause IT IS A TRADITION.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I keep going because I'm looking for this loophole everyone keeps talking about. It must be cool if they're trying to outlaw it, but I've never seen one for sale.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    I thought this would be a good show for ammo sales, NOT. I witnessed 2 ammo sales go south for $5.00 and $10.00 dollars. For $300.00 of .308, the dealer would not come down $5.00 and the customer walked away. Same thing happened for 500 rounds of .308, the dealer would not come down and the customer walked away.

I have given up trying to foresee anything I might see or hear at gun shows.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I haven't noticed the smells, which is making me paranoid it is me! I make sure I shower at least once a week, whether I need it or not, though.

It is important that we put our best foot forward at gun shows, at the range, wherever we are.

Have you seen the photos that the media runs of guns shows, NRA meetings, etc.?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    No big purchases but I managed to drop a couple hundred bucks on miscellaneous stuff. Picked up a couple hard to find pistol mags, a Mora knife for $10.00, a decent bakelite AK mag and I managed to cherry pick three Victorinox Swiss Army knives from the guy that had bins of mixed (probably TSA seized) knives. Paid roughly 50% of the best price online I could find and they look new. One is the USB drive model. I can't wait to see what is on there.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Sunday---I found most dealers were very happy to sell their items-------200.00 discount on a 1000.00 item--------1/2 price on some lesser items(grips,books,T/C barrel)----I found 2 collectable T/C items-----------------glad it was not packed---easy to see the items on the tables-----I was there for 4 enjoyable hours
    Bldg was cool---(as in not warm)
    when I can add something to my collection--- = GOOD SHOW

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, did you go full suit or slacks shirt tie? Please, educate this pleb.

5.11 shirt, khakis, and Wolverine brown-suede oxfords. Shaved, haircut, lots of Tom's deo, teeth professionally cleaned on 17th of October, but brushed after brunch, and ear and nose hair plucked. I looked marvelous.

Suit and tie at NRA Annual Meeting only where there is a greater likelihood of cameras.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    35 years ago, gun shows were always a place of rare items, discount priced supplies and an assortment of cheapely priced surplus items. Since internet shopping was not around, that was a viable way to get what you needed. Lately it seems to be pretty much retail prices, common or undesireable items, and overpriced commercial and military surplus. You have to do a lot more scouting these days, and with the internet, it is just as easy to buy on line.

Even at that, I still go to a few shows, mostly to visit with friends, get raffle tickets from the Marine Corp League, and various gun or hunting clubs. I might pick up some powder or primers to avoid HAZ MAT fees. Mostly I go be cause IT IS A TRADITION.

Even just as recently as 6-8 years ago seemed like you could get decent prices on ammo which is what I usually went to look for. I keep wondering how much the internet is hurting gun show prices especially on ammo but guns and accessories as well. Even if internet prices are better on guns you still can't look before you buy so I haven't even bought a gun online, and I'd be especially nervous on used purchases. Even if I'm not planning on buying I still like to go window shopping and be able to pick things up and see how they feel.

Top Bottom