• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I tried to rep ya for this but apparently you were my last rep victim!! My girlfriend LOVES to cook (as evidenced by the extra 20 pounds I've earned since meeting her). We'll go to a "restaurant", not a McSomething, and have a meal we really enjoy, then she starts surfing the net or checking one of her literally hundreds of cookbooks and then replicates the meal for us at home. Damn I love this girl!!! She finally found and successfully replicated Carabbas' Lentil soup recipe the other night, Yummy!!!!

She sounds like a keeper for sure. The only woman I have ever been able to get to cook for me is my mom and my daughter. :dunno:

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    the real question here is.... How in the world are pricier restuarants, IE: Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Kelseys, Longhorn, still very busy??? Seems like everytime I want one of the above, they are always packed!
    I knew someone that would go to red lobster and just order a drink and eat the rolls. He never got kicked out or asked to leave.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'm not a food snob and I don't claim to have a sophisticated palate. But I have eaten at Fazollis and would much prefer to go there than what I ate last night.

Maybe Castleton was having an off night?

My comment should've been in purple.

Olive Garden is dummy-downed Italian food for sure.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Olive Garden is always busy because people like my daughter like it and she represents unsophisticated Midwestern tastes. There is a reason that Indianapolis is the second largest test market for chain restaurants.

You can find something you like there so you can enjoy your experience. For me it is the soup and salad with zuppa toscana.

Too bad they shut down the 38th street restaurant.

nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    Olive Garden is always busy because people like my daughter like it and she represents unsophisticated Midwestern tastes. There is a reason that Indianapolis is the second largest test market for chain restaurants.

You can find something you like there so you can enjoy your experience. For me it is the soup and salad with zuppa toscana.

Too bad they shut down the 38th street restaurant.

which market is number one?

IMO Olive Garden is only good for engagements and MAYBE anniversaries if it's a big one.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Just one of the pluses and minuses of seeing the back end of restaurants.

Preach it.

So has an Italian specific restaurant recommendation thread been done yet?

I admit I was spoiled with the time I spent in Italy...once you've sampled Italian food in the city of Bologna, I think you've reached the pinnacle. (And the pizza in Naples! - Pizzology and Napolese both come close in their own way, but neither hits it just right).

Having said that, I used to enjoy Sangiovese up in Castleton, Enrico's off of Keystone and Broad Ripple Ave, and the wife has always been a fan of Mama Corrolla's at like College and 54th (sorry these are all Indy-centric).

Haven't been to any of these in a while, though...my eating out lately has all been in taverns or pubs.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Thread from the dead!!

Its because the women looooove their salad.
    Its like crack to a crack head.

My wife is all about that salad:):
    She and her friends go there to eat it ALL the time.

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Because people like the breadsticks. I like some stuff that Olive Garden has but its not the best italian food around. How many italian restuarants are there that are outstanding? I dont like bravo that much and its much more expensive. I think Amalfi is the best in Indianapolis.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    I think it's the salad.

Lol, almost to the classifieds :rockwoot:

Anyway, I ate eat the OG in Laffayette a couple months ago, and I thought it was really good :dunno: I'm also the most un-picky eater in the world, so that probably explains it. I'd eat :poop: if it was cooked right and had a splash of hot sauce :):

Top Bottom