Question for you traveling hunters......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I've always hunted deer locally, but I've received an invitation to hunt on a friend's property down in southern Indiana. He says I can take 8 deer down there. Does all that work off the same license, or do I have to buy another license for down south? :dunno:

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Got a lifetime license? If so, go for it, if not, I have no idea, I got my lifetime many years ago and I just keep up on how many does I am legal to take, on top of one buck. Just remember to attach your temporary tag to the carcass when transporting on the road, not necessary to have it on when dragging it out of the field, COs' down south just love to look in the back of pick up trucks when they pull into a check station. They look for the tag, if it is not on the deer, they ask the hunter where the tag is, "oh, right here in my pocket", he says, CO says sign here. Opps! Good luck Marine, hunting down south is a blast, plenty of deer and beautiful country, nice folks, this will be my 28th year in Jefferson County.

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    You have to have an additional bonus antlerless tag for EACH one taken. But, #2 through 8 is only $15 each for residents. But, you can buy them as you fill them too.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    You have to have an additional bonus antlerless tag for EACH one taken. But, #2 through 8 is only $15 each for residents. But, you can buy them as you fill them too.

By no means am i an expert or a C.O but dont you have to buy a tag then fill it!??
    but i am wanting info too and dont wantto get myself in a jam or see anybody else in one etheir!

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    By no means am i an expert or a C.O but dont you have to buy a tag then fill it!??
    but i am wanting info too and dont wantto get myself in a jam or see anybody else in one etheir!

I don't want problems either, so I called DNR, and tech4685 is correct.... I must have the tag in hand when I pull the trigger to be legal.

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    After you buy the first bonus, fill it, then while checking it in, buy another. That's what I meant by buying as you fill it. Or, if you feel lucky, buy all 8 at one time. I think technically, you can take a total of about 300 does in a season IF you get tags and harvest from each county. Of course time would be an issue. Good luck.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    After you buy the first bonus, fill it, then while checking it in, buy another. That's what I meant by buying as you fill it. Or, if you feel lucky, buy all 8 at one time. I think technically, you can take a total of about 300 does in a season IF you get tags and harvest from each county. Of course time would be an issue. Good luck.

That makes sense. I mis-understood you. Apologies....... I will take your suggestion, and do things just that way. Thanks. :yesway:

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    A buck & doe from Illinois cost me about $325 last year. Man I hated giving that particular state that money. I heard a buck tag from Iowa went up to $600 this year.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    OTC elk in Colorado are $495 either sex. Mule deer/whitetail deer are $250, draw only. Pronghorn are $200 now, I think. Out of state tag soup makes Ruth's Chris steaks seem affordable.

Top Bottom