• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Where do you get you leather from? I am lookig for something fairly heavy that will take a beating.

Leather Jokes are welcome :)

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Lanwarlin (sp) in downtown indy, next to the red garter.

Yes, I went there awhile back and got a half of a cow hide for a great price. Also, they have many other leather-craft items. If you like old-fashion type stores, you'll love it.

It's on the opposite side of the block from the Slippery Noodle, I think, to the west.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    If you're making something small, you can also get a bag of assorted leather scraps from Hobby Lobby for 6 bucks or so.

I made a nice holster from that leather awhile back (pic below). The stuff from Hobby Lobby is chrome tanned, but the leather from a place like Tandy or Landwerlin is veg-tanned, which is best for tooling and best for holstering knives and guns.

attachment.php

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Great question db! Where would one get a great looking leather that will take a beating? Well db, here at SkullDaddy's Midget Stripper Eporium we are the #1 distributor of leather pants, shorts, halter tops, panties, chaps and socks. That's right db, all your leather needs in one store. Our expert midgets craftspersons will take your measurements, kill the cow, skin it, tan it , and make your custom leather undies while you wait!! Never again will you be embarrassed at the next Pirates Ball. You will be the Bomb in your white leather G-string and your perfectly fitted leather thigh high boots! So don't wait, call us now, and get a free back waxing and ear hair removal with any purchase over $100!

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Great question db! Where would one get a great looking leather that will take a beating? Well db, here at SkullDaddy's Midget Stripper Eporium we are the #1 distributor of leather pants, shorts, halter tops, panties, chaps and socks. That's right db, all your leather needs in one store. Our expert midgets craftspersons will take your measurements, kill the cow, skin it, tan it , and make your custom leather undies while you wait!! Never again will you be embarrassed at the next Pirates Ball. You will be the Bomb in your white leather G-string and your perfectly fitted leather thigh high boots! So don't wait, call us now, and get a free back waxing and ear hair removal with any purchase over $100!

That. Was. Awesome.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Great question db! Where would one get a great looking leather that will take a beating? Well db, here at SkullDaddy's Midget Stripper Eporium we are the #1 distributor of leather pants, shorts, halter tops, panties, chaps and socks. That's right db, all your leather needs in one store. Our expert midgets craftspersons will take your measurements, kill the cow, skin it, tan it , and make your custom leather undies while you wait!! Never again will you be embarrassed at the next Pirates Ball. You will be the Bomb in your white leather G-string and your perfectly fitted leather thigh high boots! So don't wait, call us now, and get a free LOWER back waxing and ear hair removal with any purchase over $100!
    FIFY!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    They aren't cheap, but this is where I have ordered from in the past and have gotten very good quality leather from them. My son was doing leather working for a while with my dad. How big of a piece do you need? I gave whatever was left here to my dad, but depending on what you need I could possibly get a piece back from him.

https://www.siegelofca.com/default.asp

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    I've purchased from Tandy, CrazyCrow.com, and at local Rendevous, and Powwows, when I'm there.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Interesting fact: "Tandy Leather" was the origin of the company that Charles Tandy grew into the Radio Shack empire. He also started Pier One Imports.

I've gotten leather on ebay. You can get a whole cowhide pretty cheap. I've picked up a couple of those scrap packages at Hobby Lobby, as well. You can get the thread, awl, whatnot.

Top Bottom