• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blindside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2015
    Columbus
    Usually when I hear talk about Sigs it's the 229 or the 226 I never seem to hear anything about the 2022. Is there a specific reason for this? Are they not on par with the rest of Sig line up?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My understanding is that they are very nice. I don't own one, but have shot a couple and they seemed very similar to my P229. If I understand correctly, the SP2022 was originally for a contract that either fell through, or they had a lot of surplus. They had a high price point when initially released, but got slashed to under $500 to clear inventory. They became well known as a good entry level priced Sig and Sig continued to manufacture them at that price point (costs had gone down to the point where that was feasible). There are some differences to them over other Sigs, like the way they break down, for one. This information came from another forum, so I'm not sure of the validity, but it sounds reasonable. I advise you to check one out at your LGS and rent one at a range to see what you think. If I recall correctly, I've seen them on sale around Black Friday / Christmas time under $450. I'm not a fan of polymer framed guns, or I'd probably have one myself.

Alternatively, around the same price point you can get a P226/P229 CPO (certified pre-owned) or police trade. Sig takes these in and refurbishes them to be close to new, then resells them with only a 1 year warranty. I paid $546 for my CPO P229, but have seen them as low as around ~$450. That's another option that gets you a metal framed gun for a reasonably low price, if you'd prefer to go that route. Just my :twocents:, good luck :yesway:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Take this with a grain of salt, as my only knowledge of the platform has come from reading posts on forums. I don't know that I've ever even handled one.

But as far as polymer framed DA/SA pistols go - they're supposed to be quite nice. AND economical.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have a SP2022 and I love it. Did not want to drop big coin to get into the Sig world as I am primarily a Glock guy and prefer striker pistols. I am not big on DA/SA pistols as I don't like to ride cocked and locked and the DA trigger pull is LONG. That being said, I really enjoy shooting this pistol SA and have easily put 1000 rounds through it the past 6 months. I eve outfitted it with a threaded barrel and Sig suppressor height night sights (SP2022 takes the same sights as all other sigs).

I scored mine in the Tac Pack (holster and light/laser) from Rural King for like $425. For that deal, I could not pass it up. Glad I picked it up and I have really enjoyed this gun.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Usually when I hear talk about Sigs it's the 229 or the 226 I never seem to hear anything about the 2022. Is there a specific reason for this? Are they not on par with the rest of Sig line up?
    I have the fde 2022. It's your entry level sig and is very nice. I wished they would put the SRT in them but the price would go up. I have the 2022, P6,M11 A1 , and the legion. They are all very nice.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Everyone that has them seems to like them. Most of the old Sig guys like metal guns, so they tend to stick with the Class P series.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I've seen them with night sights, NIB, online for ~350 a few times. Killer deal. I'd pick one up if I wasn't always buying CZ's.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I have a 2022 and love it. I've heard it referred to as a polymer 226. The size and general shape are about the same but there are distinct differences. For the money, it is a fantastic gun!

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I have both, a P226 is 9mm, and P229 is a .40. I was trained with a P226, but they called it something liked a M11 at the time, don't remember. Both shoot very well and accurate.

KANER88

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    indianapolis
    They are ok but in my opinion id rather try and find a p229 or 226 elite for $800-$1000 depending on what they come with. If you can afford it, they are worth it. But if im gonna have a 226 its gonna be a sao since im most likely not gonna carry it. A p200 series is world apart from the 2022 unless your just starting out which sounds like you are. No matter how u slice it, its s sig though

Top Bottom