• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Reviving this thread vs starting anew. Ms. Bugz sent this picture as a birthday wish. Big step as she does not carry, but has been shooting more. Some local crime may be swaying her. I’m not pushing her to carry. Not wanting to debate on body vs off body carry, but likes and dislikes and things that are important features to have, from the ladies who carry in a purse.

View attachment 184296
    If the pocket is large enough to accommodate the type of gun she carries, this looks like a decent purse. Is it returnable if it isn't a good fit?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Reviving this thread vs starting anew. Ms. Bugz sent this picture as a birthday wish. Big step as she does not carry, but has been shooting more. Some local crime may be swaying her. I’m not pushing her to carry. Not wanting to debate on body vs off body carry, but likes and dislikes and things that are important features to have, from the ladies who carry in a purse.

View attachment 184296
    Not endorsing these in any way shape or form. However it appears they must be available in right and left handed configuration?

XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    Do not lock the gun.

Purse carry offers the same advantages and disadvantages as any other method for off body carry. My suggestion would be to invest in a dedicated purse designed to carry a handgun. Handguns should always be kept in a holster and if carried in a purse placed in a pocket absent anything else except the gun.
    My wife has one of those fancy purses with the lockable compartment, and that lock is valuable for one main reason, when she is at home with my kid, and she has it down to habit to lock it every time, and unlock it when she leaves.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My wife has one of those fancy purses with the lockable compartment, and that lock is valuable for one main reason, when she is at home with my kid, and she has it down to habit to lock it every time, and unlock it when she leaves.

She doesn't need self defense for herself and the child while at home?

Top Bottom