• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bandsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Pike County
    Ever read the comments from pit bull owners on a news story about a pit bull attack? Read a few and I think my appraisal will stand up. Actually about a year ago on INGO a pit bull owner strongly suggested I should be killed if I took action against the pit bulls that killed a calf.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Regardless of the breed, if the dog is operating in an aggressive an threatening manner, is loose or other wise off his property then take appropriate action. If you can get away without harm do so and call animal control no need talking to owner. If you can't get away us Pepper spray, stick boot or something before the dog latches on. You are the victim even before latch on. As last resort use your gun. If not cleared you will be responsible for all property damaged by discharging you gun. Including the dog. Self defense does not apply to dogs.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    And there we we see the typical pit bull owner's attitude. My damn dog is more important than your kid or property.

Don't own pit's, dude.......but got no animosity t'wards 'em neither......like I said earlier...a dog's attitude is relevent ta it's raise'n/upbring'n....like ....kids....:twocents:

But le'me say ......my damn dogs.......is jus' as important ta ME......as you kids are ta YOU.......know whut I mean?.......:whistle:

here's a thought........see all'a violent shizz commit'd by youths/kids lately?.......by yer logic.......I rec'n it OK ta jus' start draw'n down, an' blast'n 'em all ta hell, huh?...cuzz , they look threat'nin.....or whutever...:dunno:......yeah........great logic ya got'ere.....:noway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't own pit's, dude.......but got no animosity t'wards 'em neither......like I said earlier...a dog's attitude is relevent ta it's raise'n/upbring'n....like ....kids....:twocents:

But le'me say ......my damn dogs.......is jus' as important ta ME......as you kids are ta YOU.......know whut I mean?.......:whistle:

HD.,....around these parts if a youth appears threatening he/she usually is. Just like reading a dogs body language and demeanor the same goes for people. I can always tell if they are cool.....or not.
    75% of the pits around here will chomp on you given a chance. Look at the owners and they will do the same.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana

HD.,....around these parts if a youth appears threatening he/she usually is. Just like reading a dogs body language and demeanor the same goes for people. I can always tell if they are cool.....or not.
    75% of the pits around here will chomp on you given a chance. Look at the owners and they will do the same.

Oh, I can agree.......they a product of they upbring'n......like anythin'.....an' I can usually do the same.....animals or people......:yesway:

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Thing is....we chomp right back and most around here know it.....:)

Can relate .....:):

They's 'bout 3 doors, ta me.......lot'a times, sumbody'll open #1......not really a pro'lem, just argue'n back /forth......SOME, well they ain' sats'fied till they crack open # 2, peek inside.....an' they slam it closed, perty dang quik.....:):

They don' even wanna rattle the lock on # 3.......:whistle:

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Sometimes after reading Harley riders post I imagine the one aspect of his situation we cant see is the huge pile of empty beer cans behind him. Or perhaps there's some other good reason for posting nonsense like that last one.
    I would have shot the dog described in the OP. Dog owners that think their dogs are the same as children have a screw loose.They are just dogs, not people.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sometimes after reading Harley riders post I imagine the one aspect of his situation we cant see is the huge pile of empty beer cans behind him. Or perhaps there's some other good reason for posting nonsense like that last one.
    I would have shot the dog described in the OP. Dog owners that think their dogs are the same as children have a screw loose.They are just dogs, not people.

I totally understood the post myself and looking behind me I see no empty's at all.
    Simple explanation as to how things are dealt with.
    Oh well, some of us get it and some do not. Easy peasy. No knock on you just saying no need to be mean or condescending.
    Hell man, some folks treat there animals better than their kids.....:dunno:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I think Harleys comment was a little tongue in cheek. He mentioned that a dogs upbringing much like a person dictates behavior. I agree. No dogs are not kids, but some people treat them as such.

I hve met both good and bad pitbulls. It is the pop bottle sized dogs that terrify me. :):

I can not believe that I am starting to understand Harley. He does have some sage wisdom.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think Harleys comment was a little tongue in cheek. He mentioned that a dogs upbringing much like a person dictates behavior. I agree. No dogs are not kids, but some people treat them as such.

I hve met both good and bad pitbulls. It is the pop bottle sized dogs that terrify me. :):

I can not believe that I am starting to understand Harley. He does have some sage wisdom.

It took me a minute as well. I want to sit by a fire and generate some empty's with him sometime. Might leave the wiser....who knows.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana

Really don' drink, dude......ain' b'yond a beer or 2.....got'a be a dark 1, not'at pizz-yella stuff.....:yesway:

far's the other.......you family.......well they'd be make'n yer final arrangements........

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Churchmouse and HarleyRider throwing back a few. That is a picture. Wonder which one would be wearing the leather and which one the tie?

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Well, the reality is HR if your dog ran across onto my place and did what the dog did in the OP, threatening my daughter or whatever, then I guess you and I would have some problems. Any person is more important than any animal. Don't care how you feel about 'em.
    Yup, I like good beer too.

Top Bottom