• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Homicide at Purdue. How does this happen at such a far left progressive institution?
    Really? You got to exploit a kid getting killed for politics points?

And Purdue is no where near far left. I'm going out on a limb to believe you didn't go there.

AFAIK, the last murder in the dorms was in Wiley, 1996 if I'm correct, I was student then, it was a rough time. My thoughts go out to the students there.

EDIT: corrected the data (forgot when I was there!)

Last edited:

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

And Purdue is no where near far left. I'm going out on a limb to believe you didn't go there.

AFAIK, the last murder in the dorms was in Wiley, 1999 if I'm correct, I was student then, it was a rough time. My thoughts go out to the students there.
    Just reporting a tragedy in the manner professional media does.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven

AFAIK, the last murder in the dorms was in Wiley, 1999 if I'm correct, I was student then, it was a rough time. My thoughts go out to the students there.
    I think it was before 99, I started there in 97 and remember hearing about it. Some dude bludgeoned his wife with a hammer in married student housing when I was there. Maybe a tad after,. Heck I don't remember.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think it was before 99, I started there in 97 and remember hearing about it. Some dude bludgeoned his wife with a hammer in married student housing when I was there. Maybe a tad after,. Heck I don't remember.
    No, this was a guy that blasted his dorm RA with a shotgun. Wiley Hall, SW3, if I recall. I remember walking by on my way to class watching SWAT line up. Turns out the murderer took himself out after he barricaded himself in his room.

I think there's a memorial plaque in Cary Quad; I remember going to the candlelight vigil there.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    2014 Cody Cousins shot Andrew Boldt at Purdue.

I have a feeling that the deal between these two cyber tech students is not regular student crap but orchestrated back in Asia by their handlers.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    No, this was a guy that blasted his dorm RA with a shotgun. Wiley Hall, SW3, if I recall. I remember walking by on my way to class watching SWAT line up. Turns out the murderer took himself out after he barricaded himself in his room.

I think there's a memorial plaque in Cary Quad; I remember going to the candlelight vigil there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221005-214328.png
      Screenshot_20221005-214328.png
      549.2 KB · Views: 5

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I have a feeling that the deal between these two cyber tech students is not regular student crap but orchestrated back in Asia by their handlers.
    The slain was raised in Indianapolis. The accused is an international student.

Don't think we need tin foil hats for this one - Other than Samsung phones and Hyundais, not much interaction between the S. Kors and the Indians. Last homicide on campus was 8 years back and with no real connection to this one as far as I know.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The slain was raised in Indianapolis. The accused is an international student.

Don't think we need tin foil hats for this one - Other than Samsung phones and Hyundais, not much interaction between the S. Kors and the Indians. Last homicide on campus was 8 years back and with no real connection to this one as far as I know.

I suspect there is at least one person on the admission staff thinking, "Maybe we should have taken that Indiana resident over the foreign applicant in despite the tuition revenue differential".

Meh...probably not....I know I am often accused of being overy optomistic.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I suspect there is at least one person on the admission staff thinking, "Maybe we should have taken that Indiana resident over the foreign applicant in despite the tuition revenue differential".
    I don't have any particular issue with international students, but I would object to the massive increase in fractional representation of them as was seen in the UC system. (I'm also not in favor of a $180M library/cafe/study hall)

Reactions: Leo

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I don't have any particular issue with international students, but I would object to the massive increase in fractional representation of them as was seen in the UC system. (I'm also not in favor of a $180M library/cafe/study hall)

Indeed.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Why must you people go all tin-foil hat over mentally unstable people doing what mentally unstable people do? Seriously?

Wanting to make this some kind of international incident? some of you all really really need to take yourselvs off line and just live a normal life for a few months and detox yourself from damned fox news. Seriously.

As far as the '96 incident... I kind of grew up adjacent to the POS murderer. Knew one another from the "summer swimming pool".

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    2014 Cody Cousins shot Andrew Boldt at Purdue.
    That was in a lab - one of my interns was there watching it.

Kirk was Cousins lawyer, till he killed himself.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Leo

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Horrible. I had two shotguns hung on my wall in Married Student Housing in '84-'86. Bet that would go over like a lead balloon now. I feel sad for the families involved, TFat said it about the best I have ever heard, "Why must you people go all tin-foil hat over mentally unstable people doing what mentally unstable people do?"

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Meh. I don't really see anything more remarkable about somebody getting pissed off and shanking someone else in a dorm room than in any other location. Why not in a dorm?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Why must you people go all tin-foil hat over mentally unstable people doing what mentally unstable people do? Seriously?

Wanting to make this some kind of international incident? some of you all really really need to take yourselvs off line and just live a normal life for a few months and detox yourself from damned fox news. Seriously.
    preach

Top Bottom