• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Never intended it to mean that's what you were implying. That comment was my personal feelings, I wouldn't care much for people taking my photo and spreading it around as the person doing the shooting.

The internet should have learned this lesson with the Boston Bombing, and subsequent witch hunt for people that "looked like they did it."

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Yes, early in the thread, people were posting photos of "someone with a gun" at Purdue, and the implication was that the someone was the shooter.

My comment was that the responding officers' faces didn't need to be made public. I should have said "responding students who also happen to be LEO".

Did somebody do that? Am I missing something?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Yes, early in the thread, people were posting photos of "someone with a gun" at Purdue, and the implication was that the someone was the shooter.

My comment was that the responding officers' faces didn't need to be made public. I should have said "responding students who also happen to be LEO".

Where has it been said or shown that LEO students were responding? Only thing said was two ISP students did not respond and instead stayed in their classroom.

Where? Where did someone post a pic of LEO and say it was the shooter? Show us...

BHOWPE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013

I posted the two pictures earlier on page 10 with the following caveats:

"Alleged Purdue shooter, but may be off duty SWAT. If so, they are a moron for not showing ID."
    "Alleged shooter or off-duty SWAT. (Not verified yet!)"

If you are referring to me, are my caveats not clear enough? Should we have a person's name, rank and social security number before posting a picture that may be relevant to breaking news? Why does most threads on INGO deteriorate into tangents that have little or nothing to do with the topic at hand? Do you believe in the absolute inviolability of the Second Amendment, but not the First?

If you weren't referring to me, please disregard.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I was not referring to you specifically. On page 1 (reading at 40 posts per page) there are a couple of pics that were posted without comment. Those were interpreted at the time by other members to be the shooter (i.e. a post commenting that one pic was "chilling".) Regardless, once again, my comment was not directed to that false accusation, but rather to the fact that if they were officers, off duty or otherwise, I didn't think it was a good idea to be posting their pics.

Your caveats are irrelevant, considering that I wasn't referring to you. With that said, the amendments to the US Constitution are restrictions upon governmental action, not restrictions on what happens on a privately owned internet forum, nor on individuals giving opinions.

I know you said to disregard, however, I felt you deserved the clarification.

Blessings,
    Bill

I posted the two pictures earlier on page 10 with the following caveats:

"Alleged Purdue shooter, but may be off duty SWAT. If so, they are a moron for not showing ID."
    "Alleged shooter or off-duty SWAT. (Not verified yet!)"

If you are referring to me, are my caveats not clear enough? Should we have a person's name, rank and social security number before posting a picture that may be relevant to breaking news? Why does most threads on INGO deteriorate into tangents that have little or nothing to do with the topic at hand? Do you believe in the absolute inviolability of the Second Amendment, but not the First?

If you weren't referring to me, please disregard.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Prayers go out to the victim. I have been seeing on Facebook people with these purdue ribbons. For what? This simply is a murder that took place on the campus. No need to make it anything more than that.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Prayers go out to the victim. I have been seeing on Facebook people with these purdue ribbons. For what? This simply is a murder that took place on the campus. No need to make it anything more than that.
    Some people actualy care and are just doing anything they can to show sympathy and solidarity. Others just jump on the bandwagon so they can be part of something and SAY they were part of something. And some dirtbags will try to make money off it

Purdue Plinker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    Indy
    These pictures were taken well before law enforcement arrived. They were taken by a student from a higher floor classroom. Or so I was told. Could be wrong. No doubt.

Plain clothed Homeland Security (or so I heard that was who they were) showed up about ten minutes after. My classmate had no issue figuring they were good guys when he walked past one carrying an AR with ACOG fitted. The building was full of uniformed police, which were on the scene immediately.

The rest of campus was put on lockdown, with no one leaving the classrooms. In EE, people in the big first floor lecture room were told to stay low until the building was evacuated. By that point though the suspect was handcuffed. Prior to the sirens, yelling was audible in the halls. Police spent hours clearing the building but seems to be one individual responsible and one deceased victim. Reports of a second suspect was just someone leaving an atrium to whizz.

Top Bottom