• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So a buddy just told me a funny story. Several nights he heard water running when he went to sleep. So he went outside to see what was up and his outside faucet was on. So he decided to sit outside one night and clean his AK. Low and behold he heard some kids on his property so went areound the corner and they were turning on his faucet. He quickly said hi and racked the rifle. They took off running. The cops arrived shortly thereafter basically asking what happened and they were informed. I geuss the kids parents called the cops saying their kids were threatened. The cops knew what really happened and nothing of course was done to my friend as his only ammo for that gun was still in a sealed can. Hopefully the cops went to the parents and informed them what the kids were up to. The parents were shocked someone in the neighborhood had a gun. When there are as many guns and gunowners in our country how is anyone in a 300 house addition surprised that there is a gun owner. I would be surprised if only one person had a gun.

Bubba Skinner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    This story has a happy ending.

Why?

Because that's 3-4 kids who will never touch something that belongs to somebody else again.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    catMohawk_wDrop.jpg

I sorry. I haz never touch your water again, mister!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Maybe you're buddy should send the little delinquent's parents his water bill.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I wouldn't do that, only because I don't trust my next door neighbors. All the punks go there and it's a suspected drug house. Last thing I want them to know is I have guns in my house, even though I have a safe it's info best kept to myself.

chevy46514

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    I was driving down my road with my pregnant wife to a gas station 2 years ago. Of course I was carrying concealed. At the exit to our neighborhood was a large group of young hoodlums. They proceeded to block me from exiting. One walked to my window. I told them I'd like to get through. He then saw my firearm on my lap and proceeded to move his friends. I also am the only house in my neighborhood that hasn't been robbed. I think they took the hint.

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Bye the way I told him to have the kids help him charge those kids with something. Also they said when they first got there that they had a report of a man with a gun. Why would they respond to that it is no worse than man with a car. Why does everyone always assume anyone with a gun is doing something that requires the police to come and why dont cops just say ok mam guns are legal.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    i am glad that your friends neighborhood is safe now. Pretty scary stuff. Your friend should look up criminal recklessness with a firearm unless he doesn't care if someone might think he is a dam punk that needs to be locked up too. There is probably a police report written that basically shows that he resolved a relatively minor problem with an AK47. I don't think I would want that in my documented history.

Last edited:

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    Bye the way I told him to have the kids help him charge those kids with something. Also they said when they first got there that they had a report of a man with a gun. Why would they respond to that it is no worse than man with a car. Why does everyone always assume anyone with a gun is doing something that requires the police to come and why dont cops just say ok mam guns are legal.

That is scary but from a different perspective.
    Why would someone feel the need to present a firearm (loaded or unloaded) into a situation that is merely some 'punk' kids doing something absolutely juvenile?

Could your friend have accomplished the same thing by waiting, catching the 'punk' kids in the act. Then using a loud deep manly yell,"GET OFF MY PROPERTY!!!!" Then maybe add insult to injury by shooting them with a squirt gun full of food colored water (not red of course)? Then he could have followed the screaming scared 'punks' to there houses and talked with their parents. Hard for 'punks' to deny they were on his property with colored wet shirts.

Accomplish the same without the introduction of a firearm into a situation that didn't require it.
    I look at my firearms as tools of defense against serious threats to my safety. Not for making a point with 'punk' kids.
    My :twocents: anyway.

Stay safe

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    i am glad that your friends neighborhood is safe now. Pretty scary stuff. Your friend should look up criminal recklessness with a firearm unless he doesn't care if someone might think he is a dam punk that needs to be locked up too. There is probably a police report written that basically shows that he resolved a relatively minor problem with an AK47. I don't think I would want that in my documented history.

^this.
    I'm wondering what the age of these "kids" were. I bet they were pre-teens because teens typically wouldn't go home and tell mommy and daddy.
    Your friend is messed up. If someone did that to my kid I'd take my Louisville Slugger upside his head.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    ^this.
    I'm wondering what the age of these "kids" were. I bet they were pre-teens because teens typically wouldn't go home and tell mommy and daddy.
    Your friend is messed up. If someone did that to my kid I'd take my Louisville Slugger upside his head.
    is your child committing acts of vandalism and mischief in the middle of the night? no? do you know where your children are when its dark out? yes. oh.. thanks for the heads up.

jackadew

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Washington Co.
    Well said sloughfoot & Tactical Flannel. I'm not trying to say the AK was ever pointed at anyone...but hear is something to think about.

IC 35-47-4-3
    Pointing firearm at another person
    Sec. 3. (a) This section does not apply to a law enforcement officer who is acting within the scope of the law enforcement officer's official duties or to a person who is justified in using reasonable force against another person under:
    (1) IC 35-41-3-2; or
    (2) IC 35-41-3-3.
    (b) A person who knowingly or intentionally points a firearm at another person commits a Class D felony. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the firearm was not loaded.
    As added by P.L.296-1995, SEC.2.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Right, because the smart thing to do is attack someone with a baseball bat who is known to have a firearm and willing to use it to protect his property.

Guess what, boys and girls, what those kids were doing is vandalism. Possibly destruction of property. Next thing you know those hoodlums are breaking windows and then breaking into homes because no one stood up and stopped them.

Now, they're scared spitless and they'll know that screwing around with other people's property can be dangerous. They'll think twice the next time.

The OP's friend has the right to protect his property, and he didn't put anyone in danger. Sounds like the problem is properly handled.

l.jpg

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Accomplish the same without the introduction of a firearm into a situation that didn't require it.
    I look at my firearms as tools of defense against serious threats to my safety. Not for making a point with 'punk' kids.
    My :twocents: anyway.

Stay safe

So, I guess you would have disapproved of my old curmudgeonly neighbor who convinced more than one neighborhood kid to leave his apple trees alone by the use of a 12ga loaded with rock salt.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I posted here, a while back, about "someone walking through my yard", and I heard rustling leaves. It was warm weather, and I had the windows open ... Well, I hollered out the window, something like you shouldn't walk through other peoples yards, you MIGHT get shot ..... no one has walked through my yard since .....

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I think that a ball bat in one hand and some stern words to the kids could have resolved the issue just as easily.

Also, why wasn't your friend the one to call the cops? Pretty sure I would have filed a report about some kids messing with stuff on my property.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Cops probably told the parents to keep their kids from screwing around with other people's stuff, because not everyone in the neighborhood is playing with a full deck. How much more fun would the press be having if George Zimmerman had a record of having the police visit his house because he threatened kids with an AK, because they were by his water spigot?

On another note, has Mr. Ortega heard about this thread yet?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Well said sloughfoot & Tactical Flannel. I'm not trying to say the AK was ever pointed at anyone...but hear is something to think about.

IC 35-47-4-3
    Pointing firearm at another person
    Sec. 3. (a) This section does not apply to a law enforcement officer who is acting within the scope of the law enforcement officer's official duties or to a person who is justified in using reasonable force against another person under:
    (1) IC 35-41-3-2; or
    (2) IC 35-41-3-3.
    (b) A person who knowingly or intentionally points a firearm at another person commits a Class D felony. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the firearm was not loaded.
    As added by P.L.296-1995, SEC.2.

Wrong statute, even though the kids could have claimed that he pointed it at them. Look up Criminal Recklessness, and the part about, with a firearm.

The friend could still be facing a warrant if the Prosecutors Office decides, based on the Police Report, that the charge is appropriate. The friend may not be home free. Charges can be filed long after the incident.

The decision to use a firearm to resolve a situation should never be taken lightly.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom