• ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Did you use G**** mags or Pmags?
    I used 19rd Glock mags my first range trip amd my son used them also.
    I'm going to take pmag next trip and ets mags and see how they work.
    I've heard pmags are not so good but ets is good to go. From some of the guys around my area that shoot competition.

In that video I also noticed he seemed to be pulling back on the longer magazines that might have made the bullet dip downwards and cause a few failures to feed, those giant gloves he had on could have been depressing the magazine release and not knew it.

He needs introduced to mechanics gloves.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    G**** mags.. I have had issues with a couple of P mags I use sometimes at the range in G***** as well as the Dagger. I know this type vid gets a lot of clicks intentionally introducing debris to the equation can cause problems in any mechanical device.
    If my son has issues with the supplied P mags coming with his PSA "deal", should I tell him to buy some Glock mags and try them?

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    You be ran pmags and Glock mags without issue. I’m not a mag collector like some so it’s a limited stock of like 6 mags. 4 pmags and 2 Glock oem. Never a problem in the master chief dagger

56E0C347-955A-4BA4-B920-8A538C822FEE.jpeg

Christow19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2017
    Greencastle
    Ole Hickok45 just did a review on it. Seems to be a straight shooter but obviously would like to get my hands on one and see. For the price you could buy one to test out and depending on results it could at least be a truck gun

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Guys my Dagger had some trigger problems out of the box. It seemed harder to pull than any other striker fired I have owned.
    I took it apart checking it out and I finally got to the striker spacer sleeve, and it had a burr from what it looks like the manufacturing process.
    It wasn't much, and didn't take more than a few seconds to fix (something that should have been done when assembled by PSA).

Now the trigger feels totally different and is probably what @zachcz was talking about.
    If your dagger trigger doesn't feel right check the spacer sleeve for burr or manufacturing imperfections.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Guys my Dagger had some trigger problems out of the box. It seemed harder to pull than any other striker fired I have owned.
    I took it apart checking it out and I finally got to the striker spacer sleeve, and it had a burr from what it looks like the manufacturing process.
    It wasn't much, and didn't take more than a few seconds to fix (something that should have been done when assembled by PSA).

Now the trigger feels totally different and is probably what @zachcz was talking about.
    If your dagger trigger doesn't feel right check the spacer sleeve for burr or manufacturing imperfections.
    My son probably won't know any better but when I get my hands on it, I'll check it out.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    They were sold out of several variations around Christmas, they seem to be back in stock now.

Bought a couple more compacts this week.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    They were sold out of several variations around Christmas, they seem to be back in stock now.

Bought a couple more compacts this week.
    I have one of the new ported barrel/slide combinations one the way, should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.. I'll post a report ( nothing like a doddg report) but a pic and how well it mitigates recoil compared to a 19C when I get it to the range.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    I have one of the new ported barrel/slide combinations one the way, should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.. I'll post a report ( nothing like a doddg report) but a pic and how well it mitigates recoil compared to a 19C when I get it to the range.
    Funny... I was just talking to someone about getting one of those... They seemed hesitant at first...

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Ok as promised a range report on the new ported assembly from PSA :thumbsup:

I compared the new PSA ported setup to a Glock 45 frame with Live free armory slide and 19C barrel. The porting on the 19C barrel appears to be about a 65-70 degree angle VS the PSA ports are about 45 degrees and a little larger than the 19C ports.. Also the ports on the PSA barrel are much closer to the muzzle than the ports in the 19C barrel. Both slides much lighter than a factory Glock slide.

According to the Gurus online, using a Ransom rest, a factory 19C setup reduces muzzle rise as much as 35% depending on ammo. Using that for my baseline my estimate would be that with the lightened slide the 19C porting works slightly better than the PSA porting but I only have what I perceive for a reference and the difference is not significant. If the 19C setup is worth 35% I would estimate the PSA porting is worth 20% and the 19C barrel worth 25% the difference being the lighter slides.

There is noticeably less muzzle rise on the gun with the heavier slide (factory 19C), again my opinion and YYMV.
    I have to say that considering the location of the ports and the lighter slide I was impressed with the PSA barrel/slide setup
    I'm not sure what other info some might be interested in but if you want to comment here or PM me and I'll answer if I can.

Attachments

• LiveFree.jpg
      LiveFree.jpg
      377 KB · Views: 6
    • Dagger.jpg
      Dagger.jpg
      288.6 KB · Views: 6
    • 45C.jpg
      45C.jpg
      279.1 KB · Views: 6

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ok as promised a range report on the new ported assembly from PSA :thumbsup:

I compared the new PSA ported setup to a Glock 45 frame with Live free armory slide and 19C barrel. The porting on the 19C barrel appears to be about a 65-70 degree angle VS the PSA ports are about 45 degrees and a little larger than the 19C ports.. Also the ports on the PSA barrel are much closer to the muzzle than the ports in the 19C barrel. Both slides much lighter than a factory Glock slide.

According to the Gurus online, using a Ransom rest, a factory 19C setup reduces muzzle rise as much as 35% depending on ammo. Using that for my baseline my estimate would be that with the lightened slide the 19C porting works slightly better than the PSA porting but I only have what I perceive for a reference and the difference is not significant. If the 19C setup is worth 35% I would estimate the PSA porting is worth 20% and the 19C barrel worth 25% the difference being the lighter slides.

There is noticeably less muzzle rise on the gun with the heavier slide (factory 19C), again my opinion and YYMV.
    I have to say that considering the location of the ports and the lighter slide I was impressed with the PSA barrel/slide setup
    I'm not sure what other info some might be interested in but if you want to comment here or PM me and I'll answer if I can.
    If you have a chronograph check and see if their is a loss in velocity and if so how much.

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    50-70fps loss could be the difference in a hollowpoint expanding properly, marginally, or not at all.
    I really doubt that. Velocity changes with bbl length and distance fired. a Speer Gold Dot 124 grain +P for example is about 1220 fps at the muzzle out of a 4" bbl and drops to approximately 1146 at 25 yds, 1085 at 50 yds etc.,

Top Bottom