• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Agree with G582, and I'm not sure how this is relevant.. Appears to be an poor bullet design. I can't imagine it would make any difference where something like HST is being used but I could be wrong. YYMV but IMHO less recoil = quicker follow up shots so I'll take my chances with the ported gun even if it costs me a few FPS on the projectile.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Agree with G582, and I'm not sure how this is relevant.. Appears to be an poor bullet design. I can't imagine it would make any difference where something like HST is being used but I could be wrong. YYMV but IMHO less recoil = quicker follow up shots so I'll take my chances with the ported gun even if it costs me a few FPS on the projectile.
    Yep just don't go cheap on the defense ammunition. You get what you pay for.
    I'm still stuck on Gold Dot, Golden Sabre, Hydro Shock HP. I wouldn't hesitate to use the HST if I can ever find some to load my own.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    HP's expanding would be a non-issue for me. The pistol I would consider porting is a range pistol and I shoot reloads or standard factory FMJ stuff. :)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    HP's expanding would be a non-issue for me. The pistol I would consider porting is a range pistol and I shoot reloads or standard factory FMJ stuff. :)
    I understand and absolutely your call. I've been shooting matches, training and carrying a ported gun for several years... When your personal safety and life is on the line what ever decision you make for you is the right one. :thumbsup:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I understand and absolutely your call. I've been shooting matches, training and carrying a ported gun for several years... When your personal safety and life is on the line what ever decision you make for you is the right one. :thumbsup:
    I'm not sure how this ties into my comment, but sure. Thanks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2023
    Bluffton
    I knew I shouldn’t have browsed this thread. Now I’m off to PSA website and making up the couch for my bed this weekend ‍♂️
    I have never bought anything of PSA website but i do have a coworker that does have a couple guns from there and he really likes them. He is the one that showed me the deal of the day stuff

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My nephew is visiting and he wanted to try out my Dagger G45 clone.
    He put a few (19rd) magazines through it. He said he really liked it.
    Going to shoot it some more today. It seems to be getting better the more it's shot.

Round count is up to 388rds so far.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My nephew is visiting and he wanted to try out my Dagger G45 clone.
    He put a few (19rd) magazines through it. He said he really liked it.
    Going to shoot it some more today. It seems to be getting better the more it's shot.

Round count is up to 388rds so far.
    I should be able to try out my son's Dagger this summer when he comes to visit.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I started having light primer strikes so I bought a Wolff 6lb firing pin spring and that fixed that issue. I looked at the psa spring it was a good 3/8" shorter than the Wolff spring.

MrGiggles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Carmel
    I've been having a great time with my PSA dagger full size s. basically a glock 45 clone, so the slide of 19 on the frame of a 17. only 200 rds through it so far, so still really now, but it looks and feels good.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI

MrGiggles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Carmel
    I hate it when PSA shows outa stock and removes the price. I find it very helpful when researching something, that a price be shown even if out of stock.
    Yeah, it's super annoying. Bit of a PITA, but if you go to the dagger complete guns page, you can filter by price and kinda figure it out. This particular model is currently set to go for ~$350, but who knows if that'll change.

Top Bottom