• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    As much as we men-folk like to whine & complain about such things...

I'm forever thankful that I was, am, and will be forever a man. Seriously. I went to almost all of my wife's appointments for our first child - and as many as I could for #2.

While I've not had one done, I KNOW that a simple prostate check is a sunday afternoon walk in a pretty park compared to what most women go through ALL THE TIME.

Also - I'll take on a colonoscopy before I'd want to give birth (if I were a woman).

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Sorry to hear that. Can I ask how old he is? Doc told me with the latest studies you really don't need a yearly check, and that most cancer shows up in your 80's.

If you're in your forties or more, and don't get an annual DRE and PSA, you're playing the odds. Remember, if you have it and don't catch it soon enough it could spread.

jbrownrfn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    Indy
    He is in lower 70s one of those guys that only goes to dr when something could be falling off so that doesnt help the situation

Sorry to hear that. Can I ask how old he is? Doc told me with the latest studies you really don't need a yearly check, and that most cancer shows up in your 80's.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Good Lord people HTFU, it lasts all of 10 seconds and it is an easy way to detect an enlarged prostate which is a BAD thing to have. I have a friend that had his checked and they found it enlarged. It was early stages of cancer. they removed it and some chemo and he is 100% cured. this exam is a small price to pay for piece of mind. My doc stated that every other year is fine.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Up until 3 years ago I had never experienced a prostate exam. But after taking advantage of free blood work being offered at my work, found my PSA slightly elevated. A followup PSA in 6 months was even higher. Soon learned the prostate exam was nothing compared to the biopsy procedure. But with that said I am thankful I went through the experience. Results were early diagnosis of prostate cancer and thus early treatment. May not be fun, but some of the alternatives are even worse. My advice to you guys over 50 ... get that PSA checked.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    You guys...it's a good thing you don't have to go through what gals do. You'd never survive. What's the big deal, you poop things bigger than your finger?

Listen, I'm a good Christian married man, so I'm going to put this as delicately as possible...but that doesn't seem to be the female perspective when certain other activities along that line are brought up!

Top Bottom