• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vilage.Idiot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Does anyone have any info or knowledge of a proposed gun range in Porter county ? I have been seeing signs pop up in neighbors yards stating a hearing on June 17th and then the big circle with a line through it and the words gun range in the circle. if there is one proposed I'd like to be there to help it pass but I have no info. Any insight would be helpfull.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I recall a few years back there were some plans to turn the old Fetla's property into a range. Perhaps that is still going strong? Were these signs in Valpo somewhere?

I certainly hope this isn't being done on the tax-payer dime.

Vilage.Idiot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    No the signs are in Hebron west of 2 east of county line road and north of town. I'm almost 100% sure the fetla's thing is dead and has been for a while.

Vilage.Idiot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Steveh_131. Thanks I do believe that is what they are referring. And the location is right for where I have been seeing the signs.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It has been. Someday, someone might make off with the Fetla's sign....I'll say no more.

Anyhoo, this whole hog farm thing has emboldened the enemies of freedom.

I'm guessing A1 zoning is agricultural and if so, is it the same piece of land by chance. :):

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm guessing A1 zoning is agricultural and if so, is it the same piece of land by chance. :):

It's not the same piece of land. It's about 8 or so miles away as the crow flies.

Man, I miss Fetla's.

No kidding. As a student new to town back in the '90s, I looked at the barrels full of SKSs for $79 and said: "too rich for my blood."

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    HoughMade said:
    No kidding. As a student new to town back in the '90s, I looked at the barrels full of SKSs for $79 and said: "too rich for my blood."

Hah! I think it closed down long before I was old enough to purchase a gun, but I still loved the place.

Top Bottom