• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I bought an AR-24k tactical NIB from a guy who won it at a shooting match, therefore no receipts and no paper trail. The problem is this thing will not shoot. It was supposed to be my cheaper alternative to shooting a .45 in IDPA being 9mm and I don't reload. The pistol is very accurate but stovepipes and double feeds almost every mag. Sometimes it gets better as the match progresses and today it got worse. I am tired of this pistol and I want to get rid of it potentially.

Question: Since I did not buy the pistol from a dealer will Armalite give two flips about me? I haven't really been into guns very long and I don't know how the warranties work. Do I call them up and explain everything or do I act like I bought the gun new from a dealer? Would it be better to just sell it or trade it privately? I do like to tinker and I like to fix stuff but I am no gunsmith and this seems to be a pretty common problem for this weapon, so I do not want to try to fix it myself.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I bought an AR-24k tactical NIB from a guy who won it at a shooting match, therefore no receipts and no paper trail. The problem is this thing will not shoot. It was supposed to be my cheaper alternative to shooting a .45 in IDPA being 9mm and I don't reload. The pistol is very accurate but stovepipes and double feeds almost every mag. Sometimes it gets better as the match progresses and today it got worse. I am tired of this pistol and I want to get rid of it potentially.

Question: Since I did not buy the pistol from a dealer will Armalite give two flips about me? I haven't really been into guns very long and I don't know how the warranties work. Do I call them up and explain everything or do I act like I bought the gun new from a dealer? Would it be better to just sell it or trade it privately? I do like to tinker and I like to fix stuff but I am no gunsmith and this seems to be a pretty common problem for this weapon, so I do not want to try to fix it myself.

Warranty

Specific warranty provisions for your ArmaLite® firearm are shown on the warranty card shipped with your new firearm. Be sure to complete your warranty card and return it to ArmaLite® immediately.
    THE WARRANTY WILL ONLY BE HONORED UPON COMPLETION OF THE WARRANTY FORM AND ITS RETURN TO ARMALITE® WITH IN 30 DAYS OF THE ORGINAL CUSTOMER'S PURCHASE DATE ALONG WITH A COPY OF THE DATED SALE RECEIPT.
    If no warranty card and sales receipt are on file, all work will be billed at shop rates. Custom work will also be billed at ArmaLite's® shop rates, as will work on firearms submitted with no warranty problem existing. Shipping costs to and from ArmaLite® are the owner's responsibility. However, ArmaLite® WILL pay return shipping costs for repairs covered under warranty.

I have never heard of a company requiring that the warranty card be returned for the warranty to be in effect. In fact most warranty cards indicate exactly the opposite and state that the warranty is NOT dependent upon returning the card.

I would call them and find out, regardless of what their policy states. Some companies will have a policy and then do something different when you call them.

If this is in fact their policy, it pretty much sucks and would keep me from purchasing anything they produced.

Most major firearms companies don't care if you are the original purchaser or ever sent the warranty card and work with the customer to make it right.

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    No paper trail or receipts but do you have the warranty card? Best bet is to call like WebSnyper said. There seems to be a problem with the firearm and Armalite should make it right regardless. If nothing has been modified in a way to detract from function it is on them to fix it to function reliably.

If they refuse to fix it for free, send it to me for $50. :)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No paper trail or receipts but do you have the warranty card? Best bet is to call like WebSnyper said. There seems to be a problem with the firearm and Armalite should make it right regardless. If nothing has been modified in a way to detract from function it is on them to fix it to function reliably.

If they refuse to fix it under the warranty, email them this thread and tell them you are going to share how "good" their customer service is with 15,000 of your closest friends :ingo: Likewise if they take care of you, tell them you will let us all know that as well.

Especially since their website indicates the following:

"GT-5. QUESTION: How good is ArmaLite’s customer service?
    ANSWER: I doubt that you will find better in the industry. There have been multiple internet threads on this subject from very satisfied customers. We bend over backwards to help you."​

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

I have never heard of a company requiring that the warranty card be returned for the warranty to be in effect. In fact most warranty cards indicate exactly the opposite and state that the warranty is NOT dependent upon returning the card.

I would call them and find out, regardless of what their policy states. Some companies will have a policy and then do something different when you call them.

If this is in fact their policy, it pretty much sucks and would keep me from purchasing anything they produced.

Most major firearms companies don't care if you are the original purchaser or ever sent the warranty card and work with the customer to make it right.

Thanks, this is what I was looking for, I could not find this on their website (I kept getting distracted ;)) Rep for you.

Is the $50 to fix it or for you to buy it? :D

Top Bottom