• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, care for the property, AND, be quiet and respectful.

We just had a new family move in behind us. They entertain a LOT, which is fine, except...their outdoor voices are REALLY outdoor voices. They`re extremely LOUD, and quite a LOT of the time, the language is vile and filthy. NOT acceptable, but then, if you say something, the refrain is, you`re a racist...
    I have been through that with a set of neighbors that have been replaced with Hispanics. You figure it out and yes, thats the go to card.
    The Hispanic influence has all but replaced these **** bags as they buy up all the rentals and Rehab them from the ground up.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Our area has been inundated in many diverse cultures in the last few years. It has been very interesting and I will admit challenging for us to accept some of the habits they bring with them. But, we have all blended together for the most part.
    Yes there have been a few angry encounters over 3:00 AM Karaoke in the back yard but adjustments have been made.
    We are blessed with some really good neighbors from all of this. The food shared is pretty amazing. I Hate some of the music but I am sure it goes both ways.

All we expect is folks take care of their property. Mow the grass and keep it clean.
    Led Zep's When the levee Breaks blasted through a pro-quality sound system at sunrise has been known to correct this problem

I may or may not remember how I know this

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Led Zep's When the levee Breaks blasted through a pro-quality sound system at sunrise has been known to correct this problem

True story.....

The family behind us are good folks and have rebuilt that house up to Standards accepted in Fishers. Hand cut stone patio. Thats what they do for a living. It is a serious piece of work. And they use it. That culture loves to party "Outside" so when they do its on. They are a joy filled group.

When it got to be to much I pulled 2 of the Yamaha towers out of the shop and aimed them accordingly.
    Ozzy.....Flying high again. On loop. They turned up and so did I putting Iron man into play. After a bit they surrendered. Literally. Tee shirt waved over the privacy fence.
    Now they let me know and send a plate of the delicious food they prepare on his huge grill.

Good folks over all.

BUT I HATE THAT MUSIC.......:):

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Now the intro is in my head, cool!!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Stereotypes are usually based on reality. My Neighbors wife make a hell of a good tamale. Usualy brings some over. I return the favor with my beef brisket. And I have never ate a moon pie. Not that I wouldn't. And you talk stereotypes....then stereotype me..lol
    Yeah...it was a joke. Thus the :):, in case you missed it.

But you're lying about the Moon Pie.

:)

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    True story.....

The family behind us are good folks and have rebuilt that house up to Standards accepted in Fishers. Hand cut stone patio. Thats what they do for a living. It is a serious piece of work. And they use it. That culture loves to party "Outside" so when they do its on. They are a joy filled group.

When it got to be to much I pulled 2 of the Yamaha towers out of the shop and aimed them accordingly.
    Ozzy.....Flying high again. On loop. They turned up and so did I putting Iron man into play. After a bit they surrendered. Literally. Tee shirt waved over the privacy fence.
    Now they let me know and send a plate of the delicious food they prepare on his huge grill.

Good folks over all.

BUT I HATE THAT MUSIC.......:):
    I just want to leave everyone alone, and to be LEFT ALONE. I want adults around me. Peace and quiet and respect.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just want to leave everyone alone, and to be LEFT ALONE. I want adults around me. Peace and quiet and respect.
    Not gonna happen Amigo. Not in this world.
    You can seek out a nice area with the right houses and the right people.
    But thing are in constant flux. Our area was just the way we liked it. Until it wasn't anymore. People moved in search of what ever or they listened to the wife. Others moved in. Others are different. They always are. You remain the same.

I was in a tizzy over the down hill slide our area was in. I need not say why as it is evident to anyone that watch's these things. More than 1 thing keeps us here. Some of them out of our control. Some are by well thought out choices.

If you want to be left alone well......you already know. Adults....good luck.

No knock my friend as I understand.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Not gonna happen Amigo. Not in this world.
    You can seek out a nice area with the right houses and the right people.
    But thing are in constant flux. Our area was just the way we liked it. Until it wasn't anymore. People moved in search of what ever or they listened to the wife. Others moved in. Others are different. They always are. You remain the same.

I was in a tizzy over the down hill slide our area was in. I need not say why as it is evident to anyone that watch's these things. More than 1 thing keeps us here. Some of them out of our control. Some are by well thought out choices.

If you want to be left alone well......you already know. Adults....good luck.

No knock my friend as I understand.
    I`m just saying, they ought not needlessly provoke an old man...:dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey CM I let my grass grow to around 2 feet then cut and bail it. Is that acceptable :):
    Sure because I dont have to live with it and the vermin that naturally live in tall grass.....:):

Our 1st and 2nd Hispanic neighbors never mowed. I finally had to have a discussion about it as the mice and bugs were running amok. They both said about the same thing. They did not have grass where they came from. They thought it was a plant. After pointing out everyone's mowed lawns they di take it to heart and bought lawnmowers.
    Now the renters a few doors down still dont get it but I digress.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    1. He's right.

2. Any jackass who calls him a racist needs to take a good look at his wife.
    Who, Diana Hagee?

Because his second wife (who was born in Texas) has "Hispanic heritage" he can't be racist?

I can agree with his comment on invasion vs. assimilation, but... well, he's not the first person who I'd be quoting.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I`m just saying, they ought not needlessly provoke an old man...:dunno:
    Absolutely but still.....I am 71 and put up with a few things mainly due to the fact I remember my disruptive days.
    Its kind of a Karma thing me thinks.....:):

People are gonna people. Its what they do. Not agreeing with some of the activity's you describe as I have already been through that years back and LEO was involved more than a few times. Those ass hats are gone. Now we have a more festive atmosphere. But I still hate that music.....:lmfao:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I loved them as a kid.

I tried them again recently and the nostalgia goggle effect is real.
    I believe that. I ordered Quisp cereal online. It's not in stores around here.
    They only make a couple batches a year and sell it on line. Made by Quaker oats I think.
    When I got it I was so excited to re live being 10 years old. Made a bowl and....Meh what a disappointment

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I believe that. I ordered Quisp cereal online. It's not in stores around here.
    They only make a couple batches a year and sell it on line. Made by Quaker oats I think.
    When I got it I was so excited to re live being 10 years old. Made a bowl and....Meh what a disappointment
    Cocoa Pebbles don't taste like Cocoa Pebbles anymore. They don't even turn the milk chocolatey.

These, however, taste just like Cocoa Pebbles used to taste.

cocoa.png

And only $1.49 a box.

Top Bottom