• ...and so much more!
  • CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    I finally got a press and have deprimed and cleaned about 1000rds of 9mm. I got some bullets at an auction. My dad left me some powder. All I need is primers.

I found some online and got to the checkout and the HazMat shipping is outrageous! I decided to try and find some local. Ill bet you already know how that went.

I am looking online again. I am ready to pay the stupid hazmat. I get to the checkout and all they accept is bank transfers and bitcoin. Thats a scam. Surprised they don’t take gift cards. The top five google results are scams like this. Google probably likes gun people getting screwed.

Anyone know where I can order some primers from that isn’t a scam?

Anyone want to trade me some primers for some ammo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If you find SPP in stock somewhere, they are either an "off brand", ridiculously expensive or a scam.

Paying hazmat is not terrible if you buy 5K at a time. I won't buy unless I can get 5K.

If you check often, your timing might be lucky and you will find a good brand primer available. But count the time they are in stock in minutes not hours.

I won't pay $80/1000 for primers right now. Maybe later this fall/winter I'll pay that for Federal's.

It's both a good time and bad time to get into reloading.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$100 for 1000

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    American reloading has small pistol primers by the case
    Yeah, I've seen those. They have a reputation for being a little out of spec and won't fit into primer pockets. Same story for SPP's too.

From the accurateshooter forum:
    I have some recent experience with these. I ordered a few cases for the shop and a customer picked up 1K of the SRM primers to try. He brought them back a few days later and said he couldn't get them to seat. I took a few in the back and tried to seat them in a .223 case and confirmed that they would not seat. I tried to seat them using the priming arm on a Rockchucker - no joy, applying unreasonable force. I called the wholesaler and was told that it had been brought to their attention - a lot of the SRMs were known to be oversize and Ginex was working to correct the problem.

Not the best of first impressions . . .

I tend to stick with what I know, CCI, Federal or Winchester all work well for me.
    I don't feel like risking $500/5K until I know they work ok.

Bratch1976

Bratcher Sr competition shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2021
    Chesterton Indiana
    the ginex are wonderful. Also the only water proof primers. Been using them exclusively for 7 yrs. Best primers for experienced loaders. the small pistol and small rifle are wonderful and the small pistol are nice and soft. Great deal for these times too.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    the ginex are wonderful. Also the only water proof primers. Been using them exclusively for 7 yrs. Best primers for experienced loaders. the small pistol and small rifle are wonderful and the small pistol are nice and soft. Great deal for these times too.
    If I can find 100 of 'em I'll have to try them out. And yes not a horrible price point and being available goes a long way.

Bratch1976

Bratcher Sr competition shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2021
    Chesterton Indiana
    we will be using em at the WSSC next week in Talladega. They are awesome. Only the best for the world championship. Come on up to Chesterton and I can get you some to try. If your in the area HMU. Bratcher Sr

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    we will be using em at the WSSC next week in Talladega. They are awesome. Only the best for the world championship. Come on up to Chesterton and I can get you some to try. If your in the area HMU. Bratcher Sr
    That's a very generous offer brother.

I'll likely be going to Lake Wawasee in Syracuse this weekend. I can PM you when it is confirmed and we could possibly meet up.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Did a internet search on Ginex primers, seems that the oversize issues were from around 2015, i got some from midway a couple years or so ago in small pistol and small rifle, never had any issues with them myself reloading and shooting, i think the cups may be slightly thicker but all went bang, if I end up needing primers in the future i would consider purchasing them.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    If you find SPP in stock somewhere, they are either an "off brand", ridiculously expensive or a scam.

Paying hazmat is not terrible if you buy 5K at a time. I won't buy unless I can get 5K.

If you check often, your timing might be lucky and you will find a good brand primer available. But count the time they are in stock in minutes not hours.

I won't pay $80/1000 for primers right now. Maybe later this fall/winter I'll pay that for Federal's.

It's both a good time and bad time to get into reloading.

If I could find $80/K in person I’d buy 10K right now! I’ve not seen any at a local gun shop, only some at the smaller shows for $100-150/K. Vista outdoors owner of CCI, Federal, Speer, etc put out a release last Dec with price increases that were to hit April 1 and a note saying that NO primers were going to be released ‘until further notice’, which means when they have caught up on their year plus backlog of ammo and have a surplus of primers.

The Ginex primers are apparently what is used in Prvi Partisan PPU is a ton of it sold and it’s usually decent stuff. American reloading has them in 5K lots with free shipping and no haz mat. I’m getting kinda low on SPP, and am thinking of buying some.

At this point, I’d rather have overpriced primers a year or two from now when (hopefully) prices go down and availability goes up, than to not have any primers or be hoarding my last few hundred because I didn’t buy when I had the chance. I’ve got primers here now that I don’t remember what I paid for them. It’ll be the same thing in five years…. I won’t remember if they are three cent primers or ten cent primers when Im out having fun, shooting with my sons.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If I could find $80/K in person I’d buy 10K right now! I’ve not seen any at a local gun shop, only some at the smaller shows for $100-150/K. Vista outdoors owner of CCI, Federal, Speer, etc put out a release last Dec with price increases that were to hit April 1 and a note saying that NO primers were going to be released ‘until further notice’, which means when they have caught up on their year plus backlog of ammo and have a surplus of primers.

The Ginex primers are apparently what is used in Prvi Partisan PPU is a ton of it sold and it’s usually decent stuff. American reloading has them in 5K lots with free shipping and no haz mat. I’m getting kinda low on SPP, and am thinking of buying some.

At this point, I’d rather have overpriced primers a year or two from now when (hopefully) prices go down and availability goes up, than to not have any primers or be hoarding my last few hundred because I didn’t buy when I had the chance. I’ve got primers here now that I don’t remember what I paid for them. It’ll be the same thing in five years…. I won’t remember if they are three cent primers or ten cent primers when Im out having fun, shooting with my sons.
    Yeah, I agree with this. Unfortunately for me, money is just too tight to shell out $500 for primers. I hope in a year I don't regret it.

But I have said several times that if this sport gets out of my discretionary money budget, I'll have to move on. Time will tell.

Top Bottom