turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Natchez has Federal Match primers, LPM & AR small primer,
    SRP about .10 each after shipping, tax & hazmat

Grabbed a box of the AR match primers. Looks like they are letting people order up to 10 bricks at a time. Maybe thats a sign they have a good quantity?

Mine came out to .137c per primer

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I’m tired, maybe I’m doing the maths wrong.
    Are you including your powder measure?
    And why is my tax higher? Am I still paying for the Hoosier Dome?

ETA: are mine cheaper because I got the fag primers, and everyone e knows they’re cheap?

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I just redone my math and its still coming out to 13c a primer even after subtracting the cost of the powder measure. Maybe the powder measure is throwing this off somehow? Everything is else is the same other then tax.

My total cost of everything was 175.35 dollars. I calculated my tax rate at .089 percent. My subtotal for the primers and powder measure was 127.98 so i subtracted my powder measure leaving me at the 89.99. So my subtotal times tax percentage gave me 8.01 in taxes. So new total is 97.99 dollars. Plus hazmat equals 117.98. Plus shipping of 15.91 equals 133.89 dollars for one brick.

This is too much math for a primer thread lol

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I am still so confused as to why we're calling these primers deals. Before all this they were $30 a thousand and now their $80 and up and peeps are rejoicing!
    To paraphrase the hippies, 'primers will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no primers'

A few months ago, these things were selling for $200 ti $225 if you could find them at all, and many of us had been able to keep shooting only by expending our existing supply

So IMO how you need to think of it is, if you pay $115 to $150 per 1000 in order to have a supply on hand if the price drops to half that you have only 'lost' $57 to $75 but you can still reload no matter what happens. If the price returns to $200 to $250, you will 'lose' between $85 and $100 and lack critical components unless you bend over. I'll take paying more than I wish but knowing how bad it will be over the crap shoot of riding any future price roller coaster

The lesson I have learned is 5000 primers no longer seem like very many

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    To paraphrase the hippies, 'primers will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no primers'

A few months ago, these things were selling for $200 ti $225 if you could find them at all, and many of us had been able to keep shooting only by expending our existing supply

So IMO how you need to think of it is, if you pay $115 to $150 per 1000 in order to have a supply on hand if the price drops to half that you have only 'lost' $57 to $75 but you can still reload no matter what happens. If the price returns to $200 to $250, you will 'lose' between $85 and $100 and lack critical components unless you bend over. I'll take paying more than I wish but knowing how bad it will be over the crap shoot of riding any future price roller coaster

Exactly!

Primers were 400 dollars a brick a few months ago and I can't afford that too go shooting. So I began using up my stored ammo.

I can afford $100 dollars now. Just because I can afford it doesn't mean I like it... but its more reasonable. I'd much prefer the 35 dollar bricks but that'll never happen again.

And if the cost of primers goes down even more... Oh well I'll shoot what I have anyways. If there's another school shooting or event and prices skyrocket then I'm better off with what I have.

I'll continue buying at the $100 dollar mark until I have 10k of each size I use. Then I'll wait til prices drop or the market settles out.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy

I agree. I have found 2 LPP And 1 SPP In the last 10 days. 79.99 plus tax and haz mat. Now I know I can shoot 3K rounds with out worry. I will buy more at that price when available. I dont think 40 dollar bricks will ever happen again. More than likely 129 dollar bricks on the horizon. I enjoy reloading almost as much as shooting. Its my winter time hobby. Since I got a cronograph and really see the results its even better. Nothing better than loading up some ammo and having it preform exactly as it should

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Exactly!

Primers were 400 dollars a brick a few months ago and I can't afford that too go shooting. So I began using up my stored ammo.

I can afford $100 dollars now. Just because I can afford it doesn't mean I like it... but its more reasonable. I'd much prefer the 35 dollar bricks but that'll never happen again.

And if the cost of primers goes down even more... Oh well I'll shoot what I have anyways. If there's another school shooting or event and prices skyrocket then I'm better off with what I have.

I'll continue buying at the $100 dollar mark until I have 10k of each size I use. Then I'll wait til prices drop or the market settles out.
    My thoughts exactly

Top Bottom