• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I am still so confused as to why we're calling these primers deals. Before all this they were $30 a thousand and now their $80 and up and peeps are rejoicing!
    Supply and demand. People know when the supply increases the prices will eventually decrease (Hopefully). I think there just happy they can buy some.
    I don't think you will ever see $40 primers again

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I am still so confused as to why we're calling these primers deals. Before all this they were $30 a thousand and now their $80 and up and peeps are rejoicing!
    Because these are now "normal" prices, they are just really hard to find even at these prices. After November 1st, expect another 15% jump in prices, so get them while you can...

999cs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    NWI
    Because these are now "normal" prices, they are just really hard to find even at these prices. After November 1st, expect another 15% jump in prices, so get them while you can...
    May I ask why the 15% price hike after 11/1? Just wondering why you are saying that will be happening as I am not aware.
    Thanks

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    May I ask why the 15% price hike after 11/1? Just wondering why you are saying that will be happening as I am not aware.
    Thanks
    Official letter from Vista. They are raising the price on ALL primers (Federal, Remington and CCI) 15% on all orders shipped after November 1st. They are also not taking ANY additional backorders for primers for the foreseeable future. I have backorders for primers with distributors that are going on 19-20 months that still remain mostly unfilled. My biggest distributor quit taking backorders in January.

Primers aren't the only thing they are raising prices on, but that is the biggest price increase. They are also raising gunpowder and loaded ammo as well.

999cs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    NWI
    Official letter from Vista. They are raising the price on ALL primers (Federal, Remington and CCI) 15% on all orders shipped after November 1st. They are also not taking ANY additional backorders for primers for the foreseeable future. I have backorders for primers with distributors that are going on 19-20 months that still remain mostly unfilled. My biggest distributor quit taking backorders in January.

Primers aren't the only thing they are raising prices on, but that is the biggest price increase. They are also raising gunpowder and loaded ammo as well.
    Wow-that sucks. Thanks for taking the time to explain the reasoning. This just seems to never be ending. Really blows. I guess I will have to start looking for some more primers before then. Thanks again.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    No one will have to take away our guns if we cannot get / cannot afford ammunition.
    That was the point of Pedo Joe stomping on our throats with the import ban just as prices were starting to creep down.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I believe we will have to have at least 2 years of "normal" before prices will "start" to come down. We haven't had normal for some time, us that have been around a while may not see it again.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There are supply chain problems with many manufacturer items. They are beginning to come to light in a lot of areas unrelated to gun stuff.

I hope we will learn from this going down the road. We cannot allow our overlords to force lockdowns, mandates and "free money" for nothing down our throats again or we will be right back here or worse.

We need to grow some nads and not succum to the fear tactics that have gotten us into this mess that may not be as bad as it will get?

:twocents:

999cs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    NWI
    That's weird. Usually the email notifications from Midway work pretty well for me. Doesn't look like you missed out though. These prices are just nuts!

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Natchez had Federal SPM primers the other night. Limit 10. Gone before I could enter my card numbers. Got eight pounds of H335 coming though.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    That's weird. Usually the email notifications from Midway work pretty well for me. Doesn't look like you missed out though. These prices are just nuts!
    Tell me about it.. I paid 115 shipped got Small rifle primers this week through brownells.
    Sadly I think these prices are the new normal until they can produce primers by the pallets again.
    We’ll never see 40 dollar primers again. My guess is 75 will be the average

Top Bottom