• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You have "enough" of anything when it begins to interfere with other things you want to do. Nobody has unlimited time, talent, or treasure. If you really, really want to go to Florida for vacation but all your money is tied up in 23k rounds of 9mm that you shoot 100 rounds a month, perhaps you've chosen unwisely. If you're already putting back 10% of your income into retirement accounts and you have surplus cash, perhaps its time to buy something you really want instead of just socking more money away. After all, you could be hit by a train tomorrow. Plan on living a long time, but don't count on it. Putting all of your cash in investments at the expense of enjoying your life, having an emergency account, being able to help your fellow man, well, again perhaps you've chosen unwisely.

For me, the answer is reloading. I can have the potential for several thousand rounds yet have little tied up in terms of space or capital. That means I can keep 500-1000 rounds on tap and have that potential 5k-10k sitting their like a line of credit in case of emergencies. I rode out the great ammo scare pretty handily with that plan.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You have "enough" of anything when it begins to interfere with other things you want to do. Nobody has unlimited time, talent, or treasure. If you really, really want to go to Florida for vacation but all your money is tied up in 23k rounds of 9mm that you shoot 100 rounds a month, perhaps you've chosen unwisely. If you're already putting back 10% of your income into retirement accounts and you have surplus cash, perhaps its time to buy something you really want instead of just socking more money away. After all, you could be hit by a train tomorrow. Plan on living a long time, but don't count on it. Putting all of your cash in investments at the expense of enjoying your life, having an emergency account, being able to help your fellow man, well, again perhaps you've chosen unwisely.

For me, the answer is reloading. I can have the potential for several thousand rounds yet have little tied up in terms of space or capital. That means I can keep 500-1000 rounds on tap and have that potential 5k-10k sitting their like a line of credit in case of emergencies. I rode out the great ammo scare pretty handily with that plan.

That's all I'm saying.

And I wish my situation were such that I could reload. There just isn't currently a place to do it. But I'm working on trying to fix that.

Top Bottom