• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What Protective Measure Makes You Feel The Safest?

• Total voters

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    A Short Recent History of Pressure-Cooker Bombs | TIME.com

It's obvious that these cooking devices are too dangerous for the general public to own, especially without government intervention to help protect us. One can simply walk into a store and purchase such cooking device, and cause immense damage as seen recently in Boston. I propose "pressure cooker control". Some simple steps could include: background checks, waiting periods, or registration of such devices. Of course, we will also need to do something about "loopholes", such as internet sales, or the second hand market including flea markets and yard sales.

I ask each of you to open your hearts and ask yourself, wouldn't it be worth it if we could save just 1 life. After all, do you really need a pressure cooker?

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Yes they should be serial numbered and registered to the buyer! Along with background checks. I'm sure that will solve the problem. Yeah right.

(I don't know how to get purple)

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Maybe safer alternatives to nails should be explored. Not only would countless fingers be spared of injury when they are being fastened, they wouldn't be readily available for use in such devices.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Don't think for a second that there won't be a story about somebody reported, arrested and interrogated, simply for buying a pressure cooker in the news eventually.

With this obsession with "things" being the "cause" of everything, it'll only get worse.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    I said it before about reloadable razor blades in another thread! These need banning. Anyone want to join POPCORN (people outlaw pressure cookers or razorblades now!). Purplerness. Am sorry for the injured and deceased though all joking aside...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    On CNN they had commentators standing there holding a pressure cooker and talking about it like it was an AR-15, lol. One even went to go as far as to say something to the effect of "be careful out there, if you see someone playing in the back shed with one of these things it might be a good idea to pay attention . . . . "

Seriously?!?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Don't think for a second that there won't be a story about somebody reported, arrested and interrogated, simply for buying a pressure cooker in the news eventually.

With this obsession with "things" being the "cause" of everything, it'll only get worse.

I will bet you anything that buying RC car batteries will get you put on a list, too.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    waiting to see the pictures of a pressure cooker with a pistol grip and tactical lid...
    mqdefault.jpg

lucky3031

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Evansville
    These black handled death machines have no place in the hands of the public. These so called "Pressure Cookers" should be only available to the military or highly trained government personnel. :n00b:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Well, I don't know about you guys, I never thought I'd need one but now that there is an impending ban I'm thinking of buying 10. I bet I can crank up the price 10x what they cost now and sell them on PressureCookerBroker.com and make a fortune!:rockwoot:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Careful what you wish for folks .

Remember , when pressure cookers are outlawed only outlaws will have pressure cookers .

They can have mine when they pry it from my cold , dead , sticky hands lying in a pool of pasta sauce .

Top Bottom