• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What Protective Measure Makes You Feel The Safest?

• Total voters

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Apparently you cannot cook Boston Baked Beans in one.

I don't know what everyone else cooked in theirs, but I just knew that was where the fragin nasty broccoli, cauliflower, and other assorted vegetable garbage I didn't want came out of.

Thank goodness for hungry dogs!

That and it was one of the old loud ones, I knew all over the house that she was cooking some crap I hated to eat.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I don't know what everyone else cooked in theirs, but I just knew that was where the fragin nasty broccoli, cauliflower, and other assorted vegetable garbage I didn't want came out of.

Thank goodness for hungry dogs!

That and it was one of the old loud ones, I knew all over the house that she was cooking some crap I hated to eat.
    True story. My mom used to use a pressure cooker all the time when I was a kid. She made ham and beans one time. The little pressure valve got clogged and it blew the lid off. There were beans all over the ceiling. :):

She hasn't used one since.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have a couple high capacity pressure cookers that I bought years ago with no paper work. They can't trace anything to me while I am canning vegatables. BTW, Every Kentucky Fried Chicken as a row of the huge capacity ones. That may be a place to get some after the government makes them hard to get. When Pressure cookers are outlawed, only outlaws will have pressure cookers.

"Evil is in the heart of man, not in the molecular structure of hardware", Leo, 2001

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So, Has anyone been to a WallMart to see if the pressure cooker shelves are empty.

Are there any hot chicks fighting over the last ones in the aisles of WallMart?

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    FeinsteinCookerBan01_zps0807a8c7.jpg

Wdsman11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    True story. My mom used to use a pressure cooker all the time when I was a kid. She made ham and beans one time. The little pressure valve got clogged and it blew the lid off. There were beans all over the ceiling. :):

She hasn't used one since.

She obviously did not have the proper training. With any weapon the right training is essential.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    They must all be banned immediately for the preservation and welfare of our children. Door to door confiscation must take place.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I didn't vote in the poll because "All of the Above" was not an option!! I simply will not rest until I have succeeded in having the warm, friendly hand of government rammed shoulder-deep up the backside of every person in the country so we can make them living sock puppets and control EVERY aspect of their lives..! It's for your own good/the children...!!

With Love,

Dianne Feinstein and her merry band of Elitist scumbags

:rolleyes: :xmad: :rolleyes:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Careful folks - spring is coming, and that means garage sales. Any one can go to these shows and buy pressure cookers without going through the normal process from buying from a pressure cooker dealer. Many of these cookers are "off the books" and may have been stolen or used in a crime.

Here's some tips you can use:

• If you're selling a pressure cooker, please, please don't just sell it without checking the National Do Not Cook List. You could be putting these deadly weapons on the street and in the hands of criminals by simply putting a piece of masking tape with "$5" on the lid and selling to the first person that comes along.

• Ask questions to prove the buyer is a good person. Try, "What do you intend to cook?" or, "May I see your canning license?" For the latter, a canning license isn't required for small cookers, but, it's still a good way to verify someone can be trusted to own a pressure cooker.

• If you are shopping at a garage sale and see one you like, offer to conduct the sale at a licensed food preparation dealer who can conduct the sale legally and safely.

• Always, always get a receipt when buying or a bill of sale when selling. Not only will you sleep better at night, but you'll drive ATM crazy. Know that when the cops knock on your door looking for your pressure cooker you have a piece of paper that proves you sold it.

• Make sure you get a lock for any pressure cooker you buy. Always keeper your cooker locked up at home. Taking one hour before dinner to unlock and reassemble your cooker is a small price to pay for security.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    You guys are focusing on the little guys too much and missing the bigger picture. Places like KFC, Kroger and March have pressure FRYERS. A regular pressure cooker is not up to frying chicken, 11 herbs and spices or not.

A pressure fryer, on the other hand, is like, a, high-capacity, assault-pressure-bearing-clip!

Mudsock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Handcuff County
    Just because your Great Grandmother down to your Mother owned and used a Pressure Cooker, there is no reason not to enact "COMMON SENSE" legislation governing their use.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I am appalled at how lightly everyone is reacting to this serious situation. Do you realize just how many unregistered pressure cookers are in the hands of ordinary citizens and non-citizens as well? This situation must be controlled and controlled quickly before this gets out of hand. It has just been proven that these assault, (yes, I said assault), pressure cookers are far to dangerous to allow ordinary citizens to own. It is my belief and I'm sure the government would agree with me, that Americans do not have the right to own and bear pressure cookers.

Sadly, this may be the next battle, to fight for our pressure cookers. :n00b:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    In the 1950s, Pressure Cookers were also used during the home canning season. These cooking devices, when under pressure, looked and sounded like a monster with its butt on fire and its head jiggling around on its skinny neck.

My Grandmothers and Great-Aunts would have two to four Pressure Cookers on the Stove at one time. If the Pressure Cooker was not used correctly or left unattended, then it could and would explode. People were killed in the pursuit of Canned Green Beans.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You guys need to shut up before you jump start the rumor mill.

Next thing you know,

1) People here are going to start saying the UN is coming for our pressure cookers.
    2) The shelves at local department stores will be empty of all small kitchen appliances.
    3) People will need to stockpile ahead of the inevitable ban and there will be a 30 minute line waiting at the kitchen section every day at opening to get your 1 crock pot per day per customer.

At the very least, you'll cause Cheaper Than Dirt to send out an ominous e-mail about how the gov't is coming for your pots and kitchen appliances when they start selling pressure cookers for $350 each.

Is that the America you want to leave to your kids? IS IT??!!!

Top Bottom